ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot lock question

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
When I click the key to unlock the car and open one of the doors it then keeps the car unlocked, but if I don't open a door it will lock itself again after a couple of minutes. I thought the same thing used to happen if I opened the boot that it would cancel the auto-lock, but when I do it now the doors lock themselves again. Is this something broken on the wiring or the lock do you think?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My car has always auto locked when i've only opened the boot, only opening the drivers door will cancel it, although tbh it could be the same for the passenger door, but I only get in the car through the drivers door so don't know if the passenger door cancels it too.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Good to know, it might just be me then thinking it used to do it. I took some of electrics apart last weekend and thought I might not of put something back properly.

renault clio 1.4 16v
my one cancels the auto lock if i open and close the boot, mabe mines just special though...

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Ha, you're right just tried it and so does mine. What the hell is the point of that I wonder, if you leave the boot open then it auto locks again. That's just daft.
Cheers, at least I know I haven't broken it.