ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost Pressure Guage

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
Hi guys / Gals

I have a new clio and i seem to have a problem - i cant find anywhere to run my boost pressure pipe through from the engine bay to the footwell or cabin area... it seem there is no way it can go through, the only place i have not looked in behinf the heat shield behind the turbo.

Does anyone know how i can do this please?

Thank you :approve:

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
it disappears in the engine bay where all the brake cables go to back underneath where the header tank is

Ok thank you, it seems i must remove endless amounts of unnessasery plastic to follow it then... bigger job than i thought...

On another note. Do you know if the 1.2 turbo has an oil cooler? i see the intercooler but no oil cooler?

thank you for the reply.

:)

White Sti Hatch
Theres no Oilcooler far as i can tell from mates engiene bay....

Also its a Mk3 clio not a Mk4 bud....

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
Theres no Oilcooler far as i can tell from mates engiene bay....

Also its a Mk3 clio not a Mk4 bud....

Ah mk 3 it is then! Sorry im new to clios - dont shoot me when i say i used to have a saxo VTR.

So i can fit my 13 row mocal from the saxo onto the clio then!? Hmm i wonder if mocal do a thermostatic end plate for the tiny oil filter i have.

It would look nice with a mocal and the standard intercooler brought forward on show. What do you think?:S

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
No need for the oil cool less our trackin it IMO if you want to upgrade anything go with a larger intercooler for looks.

EDIT: to be honest the first thing i would do is slam it as standard there waaaaaaaaay to high !!

Mine as an example....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/BioHazardUK/D60/DSC_0107copy.jpg

The image has been removed or relocated ...

Zorst, Bailey dump valve, Boost guage, small arial, are my first changes.

You can only get 35mm springs atm - how poo is that - im not paying for a full damper & spring set yet! 45mm - 50mm will suit nice with dampers,as and when, that drop isnt massive so handling isnt ruined. Then brakes are on the radar... will any of the old brakes fit the mk3, 172 or 182 etc?

first things first though the dam boost guage!:eek:

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
i can see it now! i like that, different front vents to mine, also the centre caps are gone from wheels - love the black wheels! i wonder what smll m3 mirrors would look like?

nice!

White Sti Hatch
Coils are the way forward mate ive got the Weitec GT coils from Ktec on mine, had one of the first sets in the UK..Its lowered round 70mm rear and 60 front.

Front grill is the RS 197 Grill i wrote i guide on how to fit it in the guides section, as for center caps they were off so i can respray them as they were shitly done by the company.

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
imo thats to low for optimum performance but i bet it looks the nuts. Ill wait and get a damper and spring set up. i like the look of the 197 grill... think ill look into prices of those plastics.

i had black (purple 2 tone) wheels on the sax it looked great, think ill get the clios sprayed now... lol

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
where is that thred on fitting the 197 grill??

please will you post it below so i can go straight to it.

thanks

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
clio.jpg

this is me.

Last edited:
  Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
i think we have degressed...

The boost guage pipe...... dam thing... where can it go.... keep your rude comments please lads!!

White Sti Hatch
No ones fitted one at all along with the oil cooler no need less you plan on sizing up the turbo and going track.....

Just follow the bonnet cable youll get through there if need be take off the wheel arch on the passenger side.

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
i was trying to get the standard air box off yesterday but dam thats not easy! looks like you have to rove the battery out of th way... wondering if there is a way through behind it...

Bonnet cable is the first port of call we think then?

Oil coolers look nice front mounted and help prolong life no 100% needed but all teh same i think a worthy addition.

White Sti Hatch
i was trying to get the standard air box off yesterday but dam thats not easy! looks like you have to rove the battery out of th way... wondering if there is a way through behind it...

Bonnet cable is the first port of call we think then?

Oil coolers look nice front mounted and help prolong life no 100% needed but all teh same i think a worthy addition.

best to take out the batter and its box to get the Airbox out