ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boohoo... service time

CITROEN C2 VTS
well that time of year again when the service is due! not too bad because i dont pay for them (and MOT's), at least until next year but they just think because im a girl they can tell me this that and the other 'is knackered' or 'on its way out pet' so they make some money...:nono: i aint stupid and wish they wouldnt assume i dont know anything.... last year i had a girl sacked for treating me like that so bring on tonight when i go back for my car!! yeehaaaaa :D:rasp:

Rant over! ha

CITROEN C2 VTS
A lot of garages do the same. Just get a male to drop it off.

Are you the redhead or the other one?

red head!! males are just as useless! lol! anyway its quite cool when ya see their faces when they realise a girl actually does have a clue about her car!! ha!

and HartZ she had an attitude with me because i new what i was talking about and then she hung up on me numerous times! i asked to speak to her manager and she hung up on me!! so i wrote a letter of complaint and had the b1tch sacked! lol!

i havent travelled far... i travelled less than a mile!! its practically on my door step!!

I didn't think you'd have far too go.

Take it there and then see what they say. If you know your brakes/tyres are good, then just ignore what they say.

If it's only a service, they'll do what's needed and you can ignore any other problems they create.

rs 200
well that time of year again when the service is due! not too bad because i dont pay for them (and MOT's), at least until next year but they just think because im a girl they can tell me this that and the other 'is knackered' or 'on its way out pet' so they make some money...:nono: i aint stupid and wish they wouldnt assume i dont know anything.... last year i had a girl sacked for treating me like that so bring on tonight when i go back for my car!! yeehaaaaa :D:rasp:

Rant over! ha

Around my way they aren't sexist like that. they try to screw everyone equally.

CITROEN C2 VTS
I didn't think you'd have far too go.

Take it there and then see what they say. If you know your brakes/tyres are good, then just ignore what they say.

If it's only a service, they'll do what's needed and you can ignore any other problems they create.

yeah i need new back tyres! and my brakes are abit squeaky :( i also have a like knocking noise when the wheel is turned right, doesnt happen all the time and is usually half a lock to full lock it happens, havent looked at it yet as its just started not so long ago but this did happen with an old car i had so i have a good idea what it is, i have a not so great exhaust aswell, apparently it has a leak, or so evans halshaw say anyway... so they wont be telling me anything i dont already know!!! i just havent got round to fixing these problems!

Last edited:
  CITROEN C2 VTS
cars ruined me for the next few months!

oh well.... had the dreaded call from evans halshaw!
- 2 new tyres - actually i think she got that wrong, i reckon i need 4 like - £??!
- rear pads - £129.60
- excessive play - £147.96
- some injection thing has snapped, (she didnt have a clue, hence why i dont) - £?
- new window wipers £20
and
- headlight bulb - they wanted £27!!!! i dont think so!

well am shopping about as they are robbing me there like!!! oh, and a second opinion!!

ITB'd MK1
Re: cars ruined me for the next few months!

rear pads are £45 fitted

excessive plan in what?

they're bumming you. dont use main dealers, they dont care!!!!!

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy

Hmm, if they 'don't have a clue' then I would go somewhere else dude! Rear pads do sound like they should be dodo-encrusted at that price too!

CITROEN C2 VTS

rear pads are £45 fitted

excessive plan in what?

they're bumming you. dont use main dealers, they dont care!!!!!

i get 2 yrs free service and mot - only reason i use the main dealer!! i wont be getting the car repaired there! in the steering... theres a knock on turning right :(

CITROEN C2 VTS

Hmm, if they 'don't have a clue' then I would go somewhere else dude! Rear pads do sound like they should be dodo-encrusted at that price too!

the girl telling me didnt have a clue, told her if i could have 'the list' of faults then i would have a look and go elsewhere..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've merged your two threads. Please try not to start new threads on the same subject as it clogs up the forums.

ITB'd MK1

the girl telling me didnt have a clue, told her if i could have 'the list' of faults then i would have a look and go elsewhere..

nowhere worth using will take the word of another garage as a diagnosis anyway, so i wouldn't even bother asking for the list

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

i get 2 yrs free service and mot - only reason i use the main dealer!! i wont be getting the car repaired there! in the steering... theres a knock on turning right :(

FLOL @ free MOT.

Your "free" MOT just nearly cost you over £500 depending what hilarious costs the tyres would have been.

Bargain.

CITROEN C2 VTS

FLOL @ free MOT.

Your "free" MOT just nearly cost you over £500 depending what hilarious costs the tyres would have been.

Bargain.

mot is next month... last years mot got some poor lass sacked so bring it on again!!

Most of that stuff you can do yourself. The play in the steering is probably the track rods and will not cost that much to have done.

When I last rang the dealers for a pencil coil (priced at £56 each) the lad said don't bother and go online