ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet scoops

has anyone fitted or had fitted a bonnet scoop to there car i want to fit the f50 to mine, i want to change the look of my bonnet .

anyone any ideas?

I was going to, but then went for the smooth look...

F50 is quite big.. you sure itll fit ont he 172 bonnet properly?

i love the smooth look of my clio...dont want to risk it...ill wait till someone else does it then copy them...trend setter honest:)

I quite like the Ren19 scoop. I think that would look nice at the front end of the bonnet (properly sunk in of course)

hey mikey what scoop did you go for?

i asked my freind at the renault dealer who informed me that it should not be a problem he done my front splitters and sideskirts for me i have seen the f5o bonnet on a clio and in one of the car mags thats where i got the idea does look the dogs though.

http://www.ccmotorsport.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CCM&Product_Code=6VENT.TO20802&Category_Code=Ren_Clio_Exteriorhttp://www.ccmotorsport.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CCM&Product_Code=6VENT.TO20802&Category_Code=Ren_Clio_Exterior

Revels Mum & Sister

Dont do it mate!! NOOOOOO

Far too big and ugly for the Clio. Go for a Ren 19 or Even better a Clio 16V Scoop.

Each to there own but dont think it would suit it mate!

there is a pic of a clio with that bonnet in max power this month dont look to bad i want something to make my mk1 look a bit agressive not many mods for the mk1 now its all mk2 stuff just want to be different but we will see what happens, want to see what she looks like after next week, she goes in for a remap with a few extras ive been told plus the front splitters and sideskirts go on so will have a look at her then and decide, i dont want to do to much and spoil her looks if you no what i mean. do like the scooby scoop as well.

thanks all

yea, its nice.. but I dont think you can get it easily.. I know you have to import it I think.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

the 172 should have had its own bonnet vent made to make it stand out better, like the 16v/williams had!

why dont you try designing something unique and getting cool louves to make it for you.

i am not that good at designing but yes they should do one for the 172s maybe one like the scooby has. u can design one for me then:)

Dont do it. Anything like that will crack in no time. They might look good for a yr but will start cracking and need redoing. I know loads of people who have feature cars with evo f50 vents etc and everything filled and smoothed and it seems that once a year they need to have everything re-done.

i might be gettin it done at dawsons asked them about cracking and they said they have had no problems with the f50 and dawsons are probably one of the best around.

yeah but the same could be said about Colorworks and Kustomworx who done some of my mates cars. I promise you it will crack in the end. I may last longer than a year but will crack in the end. When your using so much filler etc it will do it. Even my bad boy bonnet has little cracks begining to show and that was done last August.

Quote: Originally posted by spinthedecks on 28 April 2003

heres my chariot, got the f-50 done at xmas last year.http://www.strathycruise.com/events/mworld030426/cruise-60.jpg
ah! Another person with a Mk1, Phase3 Clio with a Badboy.. Not many about because its an absolute b**ch to get right! Those rounded headlights cause a lot of trouble! hehe.

http://www.daz-uk.com/signatures/small-front.jpg

I quite like the F50 vent - Thats the one I was going to go for! Blends in with BadBoy Bonnets really well, too!

go for it then. But dont moan when your nice 172 is looking tatty a year on because of a cracked vent.

What you should do is go down southend or something and have a good look at all the modded cars and see how many have crack lines etc. Its fine if your willing to have it re-done every year or so.

Dont wanna piss you off or anything theough craigy172 just giving you advice from my experience

well i want something on there looks to boring so i will think about things and what you have said i will see what she looks like after the front corner splitters and sideskirts go on

To be honest i like those slit style vents. They are called "Cool Louves" or somthing. They look sh*t hot. They are stamped into the bodywork and so dont crack or out. Think they cost around £6 a slit so a normal vent each side of the bonnet which has 7 slits is £42 each side.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

ive got the f50 vent on mine was gunna get a evo 6 but the lines of the car just wudnt do anything for it