ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet removal - problem

im following the fubar's guide to removing the front bumper. i have removed the 2 10mm bolts from inside the wings, and the 4 torx screws. according to the guide I have another 2 more bolts to remove which are supposedly in the corners under the car.
anyone got any pictures of where these are?....I can't spot them at all!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They bolt the air guide onto the subframe mate, look underneath.

There is also 2 big clips that go through the bottom of the liner into the bumper at each corner.

Take the 2 clips off at the bonnet landing panel where the grille is attached. Keep the grille on the bumper.

sorted! thanks all for your inputs. i found the final 2 10mm bolts.
however....the reason im removing it is because the bonnet release cable has come off the catch and after searching through previous posts on here it seems removal of the bumper is the way to sorting this.
is their anyway of detaching the grille?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah is the grille still on the bumper or on the car?

If it's still on the car you've done it wrong.

sorted. there's 3 clips holding the bottom of the upper grille to the bumper. a strategically (although could have been lucky guess) hit with a flat screw driver drived the clips off the bumper and hey presto its removed with no damage....phew!

cheers all for you help:)