ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet raisers

TrackCar & F30 330d
Some people hate them, but its your car so if you want them then just put some washes in to lift the bonnet up.

ITB BG 182
Its what alot of saxo's have, personally i think they look s**t and make your car look s**t as if the bonnet is screwed or some thing.
Its mainly a ford thing, still then some of them dont look right with them on.

ON a Renault, leave well alone i would say.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Thread resurection: Anyone know if these actually help cooling the engine at high speed/ track days, or are they just an appearance thing
My PAS fluid boiled over on the last track day, wondered if these would help?

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Thread resurection: Anyone know if these actually help cooling the engine at high speed/ track days, or are they just an appearance thing
My PAS fluid boiled over on the last track day, wondered if these would help?

No , they dont help movement cooling at all. You are releasing slow , low pressure air into a fast stream of high pressure air at the base of the windscreen causing turbulence

It will do no benefit. If you really , really must get air out as fast as possible look to add ducting directly after the rad to release the hot air into the airstream rather than into the bay.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
A little but nothing major I found. You could try replacing the fluid but I'm sure it will still persist. Otherwise its down to EPAS, PAS cooler or larger header tank.
Wonder what happens if the PAS fails
Had a Punto where loosing PAS was a common problem, just went really heavy all of a sudden
Imagine that going Ton up on a track approaching a bend !!!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Wonder what happens if the PAS fails
Had a Punto where loosing PAS was a common problem, just went really heavy all of a sudden
Imagine that going Ton up on a track approaching a bend !!!

Mine boils every track day, not noticed any other issues apart from a bit of splatter.

Worst case is pump seizes and takes your belts out at the same time...

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Mine boils every track day, not noticed any other issues apart from a bit of splatter.

Worst case is pump seizes and takes your belts out at the same time...

would the power steering failing take out belts?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
would the power steering failing take out belts?
If the aux belt finds its way in the path of the cam belt then yes.

It's very rare that people get away with the aux belt coming off and not taking the cam belt with It, the aux belt wraps it's self around the crank pulley.