ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet locking

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Ive had a search but it just seem to bring up a load of useless information. Just been out to the car to get under the bonnet, the catch inside was dead stiff but came free. Now when trying to close the bonnet it doesnt lock in place? Will this be due to the bonnet catch failing as ive read on here that renault will replace it. If so how do i go about finding out whether the bonnet catch will have been done?

Car in question is an 05 182.

Cheers, Rob

Impreza RB5 #054
I have the same problem.

From what i've read after searching, you have to really grease up the catch itself and make sure the bonnet cable is well lube'd and moving freely.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i just contacted my local dealer and gave them my reg and it came up on there computer that i needed mine replacing so left the car with them and they phoned me up a few hours later when it was ready.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Why is everything closed on a frigging Saturday ffs? Il have to wait until Monday to ring.