ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet catch problem!!

172 ph1
not sure if this should be in here or in the exterior bit but...

last night i was going to change a headlight bulb which had blown so as i attempted to open the bonnet, the catch was very slack as i tried (still attached) so i got out the car and bonnet hadnt opened. My only guess is either cable has snapped or dis connected...

So im obviously faced with what is probably going to be a right old ball ache? can anyone shed any light on this please?

Car is a ph1

My first call would be to head to a main dealership there is a recall on bonnet catches, if they believe it needs replacing they'll do so FOC or they'll try their luck and try charging you.

Letters are in circulation - just received mine today so I'll be sorting that out.

Worth checking it out I guess. Renault know it's a problem. Not 100% if the same problem lies with the ph1 try ringing in querying about the bonnet catch recall and say yours feels too loose and they may offer an inspection.

Renault Clio 182
Funny enough I had a letter today as well from renault about a bonnet catch problem on my 2004 182. Basically said to go to a local dealer and they would check and remedy any problem for free. Worth checking as said.

172 ph1
spoke with head service technician at local renault and he claims the recall is abit of a joke anyway as all they are doing is getting the cars back to grease the catch up and thats that!

on closer inspection of mine i can hear the cable making a noise under the bonnet when i try the level inside the car...therefore i think its came off under the bonnet?

anyone know how i can open the bonnet from outside?