ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

bomber, odd question, did you have a 200 before the liner? black s13 or am i thinking of someone else? cars looking sweet man, good to see another sliver ph1 getting used as it should be

Qashcow

Loving the brake cooling that you've done, very very similar to Burps though with the ducts mounted in the arches as I would like to do to mine.

Couple of questions for you, Burp used pieces of rear arch lining to make the deflectors, what have you used there? How large is the deflector lip?

How did you mount the induction trumpets to the fog light housing, did you bolt them on, use silicone or ... ?

And last one, how is the feed held in place through the inner arch?

Ian

hi mate, yep i used burps idea, only lives a few miles away so have seen how to do it:) i used an old protective face mask and cut it in half then foleded about 1.5 inches over for the lip.

i just rivet'd the CAF's to the existing fog light holder, they fit just nicely. using the 70mm caf tube i cut it in half then just used a couple of zip ties at the tyre side, it stopped the feed from moving anywhere and directs it to the clear plastic. that make sence? ive got more pics if you wish

Qashcow

bomber, odd question, did you have a 200 before the liner? black s13 or am i thinking of someone else? cars looking sweet man, good to see another sliver ph1 getting used as it should be

nope, must be someone else. although i know another guy in glos who works for BT with the same GTR as mine who i think had a s13 before.

i went from a saxo vtr to a skyline, dumbest thing possible lol

Octavia vRS tfsi

Loving the brake cooling that you've done, very very similar to Burps though with the ducts mounted in the arches as I would like to do to mine.

Couple of questions for you, Burp used pieces of rear arch lining to make the deflectors, what have you used there? How large is the deflector lip?

How did you mount the induction trumpets to the fog light housing, did you bolt them on, use silicone or ... ?

And last one, how is the feed held in place through the inner arch?

Ian

hi mate, yep i used burps idea, only lives a few miles away so have seen how to do it:) i used an old protective face mask and cut it in half then foleded about 1.5 inches over for the lip.

i just rivet'd the CAF's to the existing fog light holder, they fit just nicely. using the 70mm caf tube i cut it in half then just used a couple of zip ties at the tyre side, it stopped the feed from moving anywhere and directs it to the clear plastic. that make sence? ive got more pics if you wish

Yep, makes sense alright! Still would like to see all the other photos that you have please!:)

Ian

Qashcow

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/bomber_supra/clio/

theres some pictures on that page, shows the face mask i cut in half, it doesnt show how i attached it to the arch liner though. this was dont with 3 zip ties and a holes in the arch liner, easy as pie. i had a 85mm hole saw sitting in my garage so could make that hole easily enough. had to bend the horn bracket to make it fit.

Qashcow

thourght id add a little more today, not much has happened to the car for a while, got bored of doing stuff and just drove it for a while.

ordered some FK Konigsports in a groupbuy recently and they turned up on monday, the plan was not to fit them until the AST topmount GB had finished and get it all done at once.... unfortunatly i was bored last night and 4 hours later they were on lol

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

AST topmounts should be here soonish then getting setup at powerstation for fast road and track use.

before any more trackdays, im going to sort out some decent brake pads and braided lines, oh and a new steering wheel too

Qashcow

havent seen the car in daylight for a week so no point taking outside pics lol, will do some after work today perhaps.

schweppy, how low have you gone with yours on the back? seems to be lower than mine. ive adjusted it to the lowest setting on the back without taking the 2nd smaller ring out.

new DSLR for xmas so decent photos from then on ;)

172 Race Car

mmmm, looks good.

phase 2's always seam to go lower than the phase 1's for some reason.

*cough* custom springs ;)

Qashcow

been having a play this morning, no need for bodged springs lol @ burp. took the out the smaller on the 2 rings on the rear and sat it as low as possible, has done the trick now.

P1030088.jpg

P1030097.jpg

was getting some rubbing on the drive shaft so just took out the plastic stuff. the metal behind it is about an inch and a half higher so it wont hit that. and if it does, i'll abuse it with my 'adjustment stick':evil:
P1030090.jpg

fitted this a while ago but never took any pics, piece of piss to do. took about 15minutes in total. have used some sticky back plastic courtest of mums primary school to stop the ring from damaging the paint

P1030103.jpg

P1030104.jpg

the car is looking very nice mate, but not to sure on the 'TOW' sticker tbh.

youve done the same mods i would like to do if upgrade in the new year.

Qashcow

the car is looking very nice mate, but not to sure on the 'TOW' sticker tbh.

youve done the same mods i would like to do if upgrade in the new year.

thankyou, will be having some better quality photos after xmas

is being used as a semi track car too, and as you need the toweye on track id rather the marshalls saw it rather than just loop it round the wheel or something

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so it was the driveshaft as i said then?

good work on the rear's too......

is that the cup racer tow eye mate, i need to sort one of those

Qashcow

welp, have raised it 5mm on the front and adjusted the camber but either way, it no longer judders lol

nope, its the OMP yellow tow eye but left it in paint stripper.

if i was going to do it again, would use the straps that the touring cars use now

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Love it, looks the exact same as my car lol.

Bomber, where oh where do i get the carbon mirror covers? Absolutley sexual!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

welp, have raised it 5mm on the front and adjusted the camber but either way, it no longer judders lol

nope, its the OMP yellow tow eye but left it in paint stripper.

if i was going to do it again, would use the straps that the touring cars use now

so it was the driveshaft then....lol

what straps are they mate?

Clio RS

would it be possible to post a picture of the splitter, a bit more clear?

I'm not sure witch splitter I want, a laguna or maybe one like the leon
but never seen it on an RS so...

:)

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman

Mate the r32 is gorgeous ,much better than any clio imo.even though your clio is very nice ;).

Qashcow

would it be possible to post a picture of the splitter, a bit more clear?

I'm not sure witch splitter I want, a laguna or maybe one like the leon
but never seen it on an RS so...

:)

sorry bud, the pic on the 1st page is about the clearest ive got. leon is what id go for again;)

this one bomber - http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?t...RINGF&form_prod_id=457,10_6142&action=product

so you would need the female attachment somewhere on the bumper i guess

yea think so, not sure how it would all work. there was an M3 race car at powerstation the other week and that was a red strap that hung out the bumper with nothing on the end, so just gets hooked on when needed. adey might know more, think he told me about them

Mate the r32 is gorgeous ,much better than any clio imo.even though your clio is very nice ;).

oooooooooooh the sound of the skyline was gorgeous. nothing like a twinturbo s6 at 8.5k rpm......which is possibly why it was always broken too lol.

will own another one day, but with a solid built R.I.P.Z mildly tuned engine (and alot less comfort:evil:)

Qashcow

righteo then, been a while since ive touched the car really but came back from the alps and got busy in the back.

I borrowed burps heat gun and started on the s**te tar in the back half of the car, sounds soooo much nicer to drive now. havent been on the m'way yet so might be a bit too loud/droney

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

then set about removing the sticky glue that it left behind with some special sticky glue remover - dont do it in mid winter with the doors shut....:evil:

2009_02_10_0187.jpg

2009_02_10_0186.jpg

im going for a random track wheel colour soon (funds allowing) so was thinking of maybe spraying the inner rear panels where some of the tar came off in the same random colour. not sure yet myself, mrs thinks i should though!?!

2009_02_10_0189.jpg

found a bit of rust here after removing the rear carpets, bit of treatment and slight spray over, will finish tomorrow night

2009_02_10_0188.jpg

have slowly been getting stickers (all from N2grafix / ady182) of the tracks ive now driven but got carried away, havent done Mallory yet but its booked up an paid

2009_02_10_0190.jpg

and sunday night, thanks to Schweppy and Burp (dont ask) i bought this home ready to be fitted at some point, will only fit when i can afford another Willans harness to match drivers side

2009_02_10_0193.jpg

hoping on the weekend i'll get off my ass and fit these while emma's in cardiff watching the rugby.

orange topmount lovliness:D

2009_02_10_0209.jpg

got these back from the sand blasters too, ready for the random paint colour eventually

2009_02_10_0195.jpg

can see the flat spot where the A40 won. wheel is straight and true but will only be used on track anyway

2009_02_10_0198.jpg

thats all for now, will finish the rear spraying this week hopefully

2000 1.4

worked a bit of overtime last week and got myself this s**t, sounds fecking awsome, even compared to the Viper ive taken off. have used the Espace V6 airbox with Samco 70mm, 90 degree bend and a new ITG filter (PH1 172 filter is what you need)

airbox from Reno, rest from Merlin

will get a new 100mm inlet pipe at some point and when/if it ever stops f**king raining i'll put the itg sticker on the airbox.

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

was in the group buy from ages ago with Streamline carbon and these horny mirror covers turned up the other day too, should add a good 5bhp on there own :-D

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

Where did you get these mirrors? I fancy a set for my Clio!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

bit of a late post but that skyline was stunning, possibly my fave shape in gun metal grey

Qashcow

bit of a late post but that skyline was stunning, possibly my fave shape in gun metal grey

had a choice between silver and grey, took the grey but ended up being too common. kinda wish id taken the silver one now :p wont be the last skyline i have

Go fluro green for your track wheels!

luminous orange is going to be the colour i go for, but have also been thinking orange one side, green the other :eek:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

good update mate, mine is going in to have the rear painted next week hopefully, looks like you have done a good job there.

whats the top mounts?

Qashcow

yours is coming along pretty well too ph-reebone:)

they're AST topmounts, adjustable camber and caster and very beautiful. £140 from powerstation, unless you get in on a group buy for £110

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ah...i have the compbrake (is it) SOLID TOP MOUNTS, THEY SEEM OK.....(DAM CAPS LOCK)....will have to let me know how those are once they are on dude

Qashcow

after buying the right colour mixed paints and primers and all that b****cks, i realised if i was spending that much on doing it, i may as well do it properly.

tonight the front 2 seatbelts came out for good, as did the plastic trim above the rear windows and the pillars with the seatbelts. sanded everything down for a key and got busy masking the windows and the front up. finished up like this tonight, another coat tomorrow night then ready for silver paint over the weekend

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

Qashcow

due to the silver dust going everywhere i masked up the rear a bit more, just to save taking it off the rear bumper if i ever wash the car again:quiet:

DSC00560.jpg

after the first spray over...

2009_02_14_0212.jpg

2009_02_14_0211.jpg

while i waited for that to dry off a bit, started on the fitting on the AST topmounts.

cleaned off top of the strut

DSC00561.jpg

removed and rebuilt the FK coilover with new top mount

DSC00565.jpg

good ol' renault parts. reason 38 to replace the standard top mounts (although i think this is more down to bad fitting of apex springs 2 years ago..:star:)

2009_02_14_0218.jpg

2009_02_14_0214.jpg

2009_02_14_0216.jpg