ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bolt in Roll cage

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
Gents I'm wanting to price up a bolt in roll cage for my Mk2 clio rally build, guessing the best audience to ask is on here,

I'm aware that I need to weld a 3mm plate under the feet as per MSA regs, however I've seen so many different versions.

Any good or bad experiences???

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I got a 6 point Safety Devices cage from Mark Fish Motorsport in a group buy on here. I think in terms of bolt in cages you'll not get any better fit for the Clio, brilliant bit of kit.

It's also supplied with all the plates and bolts needed.

22064350382_4b00923dfc_c.jpg

22595421841_74c992880c_c.jpg

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
I got a 6 point Safety Devices cage from Mark Fish Motorsport in a group buy on here. I think in terms of bolt in cages you'll not get any better fit for the Clio, brilliant bit of kit.

That's exactly what I'm after, looks a cracking job done there mate

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I've just ordered one of the above, have to say bith Mark and Graham at Mark Fish Motorsport were brilliant to deal with, if you're after one now there is a group buy going on, but I think you need to be a paid member to get involved, although the saving on the cage itself is worth much much more than the cost of membership

As a side note the safety devices cage comes with all the mounting plates too, really is a top cage for the money

The safety devices cage is brilliant & comes with full fitting instructions. It comes with all the mounting plates, bases & bolts. Mark Fish is a very nice guy & very helpful.

911 GT3, 320i, M3
I've just order a 6 point safety devices cage from mark fish, as others have said in term of quality the safety devices cage looks good and Mark Fish was very helpful and nice to deal with. The cross door bars IMHO are much better than the single bars I've seen on other cages

I went for the 6 point as the regs for the 750mc are quite restrictive on the cage that can be used, by choice I'd go for a more serious cage, the cages in my E30 BMW and E36 M3 are much more substantial and although I hope I never need to find out I suspected they offer a lot more protection should it be needed. Do you need to use a 6 point for your regs?

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
I've just order a 6 point safety devices cage from mark fish, as others have said in term of quality the safety devices cage looks good and Mark Fish was very helpful and nice to deal with. The cross door bars IMHO are much better than the single bars I've seen on other cages

I went for the 6 point as the regs for the 750mc are quite restrictive on the cage that can be used, by choice I'd go for a more serious cage, the cages in my E30 BMW and E36 M3 are much more substantial and although I hope I never need to find out I suspected they offer a lot more protection should it be needed. Do you need to use a 6 point for your regs?
Yes mate 6 point cage as a minimum, I think I will go for the cross door bars aswell, added side protection.

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m

How much did this one end up costing you in the end mate??