ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bodywork

none :(
Ok, i have worked my ass off this month so hopefully at the end of the month i will be in the money...what i am looking to do is remove 4/5 small dents from my car (about the size of a golfball) and as it is scratched to sh1t i want to get it fully resprayed, i know some of you may say its a 1998 s reg and is not worth it, but i am 18 and as some of you are aswell you may understand that looks ARE important and it is a nice car which is ruined by scratches. I would prefer metallic paint so it shines nice but dont want an expensive job as i have bad luck so might not last long :(.

How much do you reckon this would cost...roughly?

Also would there be a price difference if i got it painted black instead of the original blue?

and would it be worth getting window tints or a bodykit? cheers in advance :approve:

Punto/Clio GTT
my advise to you would be, find a nice metallic blue as close to your existing colour that you like.

just have the exterior painted, not inside door shuts/noot lids/engine bay etc, as tbh it wont be that noticeable.

Your looking at £600-£1.5k for a full respray dependant on where you go.

get as much stuff colour coded as possible too at the same time

alien green rs133
or if your after a real cheap job get urself some filler to fill the dents in and a good suply of spray cans, primer and what ever colour you want lol, then give it that lovely shine with laquer :):)
hutchie
:slap:

visualize whirled pe
I would prefer metallic paint so it shines nice but dont want an expensive job as i have bad luck so might not last long :(.

How much do you reckon this would cost...roughly?

Basicly you mention you want a good shine and dont want an expensive job, unfortunatly you may end up devalueing your car if the spray job is cack so factor that into the cheapness of a job. A good (££££) re-spray may even add value to a car.

Respraying car = expensive job
Respraying car in different colour = even more expensive job
Cheap = you get what you pay for.

Like it's been mentioned the colours around the insides of the doors etc need to be done for a colour change, for a full job even the inside of the boot and engine bay need to be sprayed or it'll just look cheap, with this work done it'd be what I would call a good job (depending on the prep, thickness of paint / quality of spraying / lack of runs / depth of shine / lack of orange peel etc etc)
An excellent job would be a fully stripped bare metal respray with everything done and to a flawless finish but you'll probably pay what the cars worth to get this kind of job done.