ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bodyshop or Chipsaway

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Got a couple of chips on my back bumper caused by someone going into me.
Had a quote from the insurance recommended repairer and they want to take off the bumper,take it down to the primer and then respray.

It's all going to be paid for by the other guy's insurance - but my concerns are getting the car to the bodyshop(have to take time off work or get some oik driving my car there and back) and I'm not sure how good the match will be.

So I was thinking about chipsaway..

The chip is 0.5CM at most and no other damage has been done to the car.

Anyone had a good/bad experience with them?

106 GTi
Chipsaway are only as good a the local guy in your area, ask around locally if anyone has had any work done and see what it is like.

Guy round here was shite, looked worse when he was finished than before he started.

Punto/Clio GTT
isit really worth calling them out for something so small? just do it yourself mate? really easy and you wont make a dogs ear of it aslong as you take your time

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
I'm pretty useless when it comes to chip repair - but then maybe it's because I never take my time!

Are they that bad then Partick?

I think I'll probably use the body shop then.. I just want it done right and although it's small it bugs me - especially as it wasn't my fault!
I'll also get a loan car to thrash :D

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
The thing with stonechips is they are very difficult to repair. The Chipsaway PC repairs are not very durable, unlike a baked bodyshop repair. Chipsaway are great if you want to tidy up a car to sell but in my opinion they do not make good long term repairs. (Their Mirraclear repairs are very good, but are for large areas).