ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Body frame part behind front wheels

04 Clio 1.6 16vDynamique+
Can someone please help me?
Any ideas what the name is for the body part that is behind the front wheels and make up part of the arch? It seems to run accross to the other front wheel. I had a crash and the wheel got pushed up into it, cause it to dent quite far into the cabin by the pedals.

It could well be. Is the bulkhead the metal (behind carpet) that the clutch pedal may touch when fully pushed down to change gear?

The front wheel was pushed up into the cabin causing the accelerator pedal arm to be bent left. Does this sound like the bulkhead that has been dented in?

Yeah that's it. Good stuff, at least now I have a name for the damn thing, thanks :)
All I got to do now is replace it. I suppose I would need to take out the steering column and maybe even the dash board, prop the car up on stands and remove it.

Is it just one piece or does it run over the complete underside of the car?

I'm thinking I may be able to buy a complete body/shell cheap somewhere and take it off that. Sounds like a mission but cheaper than scrapping the car.
Crazy to think i got quoted £9.5K to do £1200 worth of repairs. Rip off merchants.

alien green rs133
Yeah that's it. Good stuff, at least now I have a name for the damn thing, thanks :)
All I got to do now is replace it. I suppose I would need to take out the steering column and maybe even the dash board, prop the car up on stands and remove it.

Is it just one piece or does it run over the complete underside of the car?

I'm thinking I may be able to buy a complete body/shell cheap somewhere and take it off that. Sounds like a mission but cheaper than scrapping the car.
Crazy to think i got quoted £9.5K to do £1200 worth of repairs. Rip off merchants.

you got one hell of a job on your hands there mate seriously just reshell it 100000 time easier :rasp:

When you say, reshell it, do you mean the core shell or an entire car without an engine that I can transplant mine into?

I can easily find a basic shell without body work etc but that would mean transferring all bodywork and interior over.
It only cost me £5.5k in the first place, do you reckon its worth just scrapping it?