ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW m140i

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Picked up the M140i we ordered a few months back tonight.

My mate took us to Halliwell Jones in Chester in his old Fiat

It's my girlfriends car but she was good enough to let me drive home.

We're planning on getting a few hours behind the wheel tomorrow so she can familiarise herself with the auto box.
6182DE95-BC6B-4442-85E6-8CF2A297C818_zps8gkcmh6q.jpg

D9D857AF-8D6A-474D-B303-9A1BB351E7E6_zpskogdpvdo.jpg

9E5DE7F1-DA70-492C-B8DC-E2140D3AD26D_zpsakzf18xj.jpg

B4EBAB06-0B66-4C98-9CF1-5F700A9DE332_zpsnwpcxzbi.jpg

D80CE8B4-4E64-49E4-AC78-869C05349992_zps6pdsril1.jpg

AEF7C418-F1D4-4FF0-9CA3-A8F005ECDE52_zpsnw8eoqgr.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I was looking at the deals on these the other day. £3k down and £299 a month

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
One of these went hooning past me when I was in the M3 the other day being a dick but it did sound good popping and farting.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I was looking at the deals on these the other day. £3k down and £299 a month
Thats pretty poor tbh, £1500 & £299 is the norm for the basic 3dr. Look up TRL on Babybmw, -23% off list last time i looked.
Can you spec a diff on these yet?
Not from the factory, but its a dealer fit option.
OP - 5dr in white is a great choice tbh. What colour leather? Boring black, pimp red or weird oyster (with white outside anyways lol).

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats lovely. Although my biggest pet hate of BMW's badging system is the fact there isn't any change in engine displacement although its now 140i rather than 135i lol.

The 135i's are falling rapidly in price now!

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Thats pretty poor tbh, £1500 & £299 is the norm for the basic 3dr. Look up TRL on Babybmw, -23% off list last time i looked.

Not from the factory, but its a dealer fit option.
OP - 5dr in white is a great choice tbh. What colour leather? Boring black, pimp red or weird oyster (with white outside anyways lol).

She insisted on pimp red

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Thats lovely. Although my biggest pet hate of BMW's badging system is the fact there isn't any change in engine displacement although its now 140i rather than 135i lol.

The 135i's are falling rapidly in price now!

Displacement is the same,small rise in horse power and significant jump in torque.

Most people are running them in for 1200 miles or so.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Can you spec a diff on these yet?

If not, will you be able to?

As previously mentioned,it's not on the factory options list.
You can have it fitted at the supplying dealer for around £2500.
I don't think it's something we will ever get fitted,unless I drive a similarly equipped car and fall in love.

Jon

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
We picked ours up last Friday, loving it so far. Totally different drive coming from a Megane 225. The body roll is taking some getting used to, but the engine is fantastic and the interior while not exciting is extremely high quality and well finished and just a nice place to be. Trying to resist the urge to rev it at the moment, but it seems to be able to leave most things for dead just short shifting.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That Lancia is stunning.

As for the M140i, the salesman at Lloyds actually told me not to bother with one and instead get an M135i because prices are crashing and it's basically the same car with a "better badge". His sales patter wasn't the greatest, obviously. May look at these once the Golf R has done its job in 12 months.

Very nice mate.

clio 182 trophy
An xdrive would be awesome. My mates 135i coupe struggled to put the power down in anything but bone dry.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
Bmw is noce and good choice BUT your mate has definite hero status. The integrale is dream car garage stuff isnt it and i cant believe nobody mentioned the mk2 harrier. Proper rare and valuable . Loving it