ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E30 M3 Detailed...

Iceberg 172 Cup
i never see the point in this tbh, i mean i bet its brill to do, but take that out, by a week or two, it'll be back as it was.

really frustrating!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
but take that out, by a week or two, it'll be back as it was.

really frustrating!
That's where you're wrong though. I see your point of course but a protected car stays cleaner for longer.

This is a good example...

1fb9d30c-9679-859f.jpg

Iceberg 172 Cup
That's where you're wrong though. I see your point of course but a protected car stays cleaner for longer.

This is a good example...

1fb9d30c-9679-859f.jpg

i know what you saying, he's done an awesome job but if it was mine, 2 weeks later i would just feel 'mucky' again. Do you know what i mean? Not 100% as it was, i'd feel only 95% lol and it would frustrate me, (says him who's out with the paint sealant every couple of days haha)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i know what you saying, he's done an awesome job but if it was mine, 2 weeks later i would just feel 'mucky' again. Do you know what i mean? Not 100% as it was, i'd feel only 95% lol and it would frustrate me, (says him who's out with the paint sealant every couple of days haha)

Clean a car that has been detailed then clean a car that hasn't.

When I spent 3 days working on my 182, I could just jet wash the s**t clean off and it would look exactly the same as when I detailed it. It gradually started to wear off after around 8 months but I just topped the wax up.

I try to do my car around once a year.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I sometimes don't even wash my car/wheels pw is sometimes enough. Especially with C1.

Boss at work yesterday said my car looked immaculate. No joke, it's not seen a pw or wash in a week and a half. Says it all to me.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I sometimes don't even wash my car/wheels pw is sometimes enough. Especially with C1.

Boss at work yesterday said my car looked immaculate. No joke, it's not seen a pw or wash in a week and a half. Says it all to me.

Ditto, people say it looks mint but im like "its hanging, you mad?".

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I know its not on the same level as C1, but since switching to Glasur I've noticed the front half of the car stays wayyy cleaner than usual (compared to Dodo beading waxes which have more, how can I say, friction?)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know its not on the same level as C1, but since switching to Glasur I've noticed the front half of the car stays wayyy cleaner than usual (compared to Dodo beading waxes which have more, how can I say, friction?)

Yeah mate. Look at the sheeting of water with Glasur compared with DJ waxes. There is no wax i've seen that compares with Glasur sheeting.

Like C1 if something can sit on the surface it can't stick as easily. My winter just gone was eye opening.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thats incredible, how much would a job like that cost?

Depending on who does it but for that level of detail you'll be easily £500+.

A lot of the big jobs polished bliss do actually save cars from a respray. I'd say 500+ compared with 2-3k is money well spent.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I need to come to Scottishland and let kev show me whats what I think!

Lovely car that, the detail has made such a difference. How the hell has he got those wheels so good with wire wool etc?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need to come to Scottishland and let kev show me whats what I think!

Lovely car that, the detail has made such a difference. How the hell has he got those wheels so good with wire wool etc?

This was 09'! They now have their own product range/business/clients now. Impressive. James is a cracking chap.

You know i'd happily do the beast mate.

White clique
Depending on who does it but for that level of detail you'll be easily £500+.

A lot of the big jobs polished bliss do actually save cars from a respray. I'd say 500+ compared with 2-3k is money well spent.

I'm deffo up for mine being done in the summer, not many good people down south though, all the popular names i see are in the midlands!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Auto Finesse are in London area iirc. Magic are in Essex iirc. Detailing world is the best place to look.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=59863

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool detail.

And totally agree about detailing a car makes it easier to clean.

After the mrs did our 172 (not that its worth it, tatty car! lol), just a snowfoam and jetwash rinse made so much more difference a couple of weeks later than it did before.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What about KDS in gillingham Kev? The guy that Russ went down to see.

I'm hopefully popping to his open day, intrigued... :eek:

Indeed mate, I wasn't sure where a lot of people were located actually. I always knew AF were near London and offer a fantastic service and products. :)

I could never be arsed to detail my car, takes me long enough to wash the sodding thing.

Would love to have it done, bet it'd cost an arm and a leg though. :(