ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bmc cda worth bothering?

pug 106 rallye S2
sorry i know this has been done to the death but searching i found no real answers....

do i spend the £200 for the cda with samco bend or just whack a decent panel filter in there?
does the cda make a real noticable difference? or will i get the same thing with a panel filter...
if i went down the cda route the cold feed would be behind the grill dont fancy chopping holes into it only owned it 3 weeks!
btw 52 plate 172...
and dont want to sound like a boy racer (no offence to all that do/are)
only see... no hear ik's on little engined cars in tamworth!
thanks all!

if you fit a decent cold air feed you will see more benifits with the BMC and it looks nicer, sounds better and will make you smile when you plant it.

i gained about 8bhp when i fitted mine and had it on the rollers.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
so do people put a cold air feed in just with a standard panel filter?

there is a standard CAF that goes thro an acoustic valve.

I ripped all this out tho, lol.

I have a 85mm CAF straight from the bottom grille direct into the BMC.

Im not sure about fitting something similar to the stock setup, im sure the reno one would be up to the job as it was designed for it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

there is a standard CAF that goes thro an acoustic valve.

I ripped all this out tho, lol.

I have a 85mm CAF straight from the bottom grille direct into the BMC.

Im not sure about fitting something similar to the stock setup, im sure the reno one would be up to the job as it was designed for it.

thats what i was thinking, guess it looks nice thio

sorry i know this has been done to the death but searching i found no real answers....

do i spend the £200 for the cda with samco bend or just whack a decent panel filter in there?
does the cda make a real noticable difference? or will i get the same thing with a panel filter...
if i went down the cda route the cold feed would be behind the grill dont fancy chopping holes into it only owned it 3 weeks!
btw 52 plate 172...
and dont want to sound like a boy racer (no offence to all that do/are)
only see... no hear ik's on little engined cars in tamworth!
thanks all!

wait till after FCS , have a look around there at ppl's cars , someone will more than helpful to show their IK's to you .
You can check my viper out too if that floats your boat .
there will be a few ITG Maxogens on show too .