ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth Speakers

Inferno 182 CUP
Looking for one for indoors that runs on batteries so I can take it in the garden. Ideally no more than £150. Pauper spec or doable?

Any recommendations?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
We've got this for our daughter for Christmas:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio/...Kelkoo&tduid=7683ebc746e3042b85607f94acedab3c

We paid £85 for it off Amazon but it seems to be £180 in most places now, its very impressive for what it is, the only thing I would say is if you like bass look elsewhere as its not the best for that, but I read that previously in some of the reviews and wasn't bothered, but its surprisingly loud, compact and overall a very impressive bit of kit.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Looked at both the above, albeit not heard them and was worried they would be too small?
The beats tablet dock is very very loud.

Someone was selling a Bose sound dock in the for sale section, I'm unsure if it's still available but as you probably know, the sound quality on Bose stuff is highly rated!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The name of the Beats by Dre dock is called the "pill".

The one in the for sale section is a Bose dock.

CLIO 182
My bose dock is indeed sold. Another item being mentioned in this thread is the Soundlink mini. I have also had one and yes for all the size of it it is awesome. Good sound quality as you would expect from bose

I tend to try and stay away from beats stuff as I truly think it's overpriced and not very good,

Others may think differently

hmmmm, I can't decide between the following, tbh it'll be more for youtube/iPlayer/SkyGo video from my iPad mini than banging out music, so put off by the Soundlink Minis boosted bass.

UE Boom, was £99, now £140 FFS (have John Lewis Vouchers), so much for things being cheaper after Christmas but its got so many good features
Bose® SoundLink® Colour, £108, new product, good battery, small and seemingly does the job
Sony SRS-X3, £70, reviews to be be close the Bose Mini in sound; much cheaper but average battery

After reading a numbing amount of reviews I got the Sony SRS-X3 for £70; seems they give the Soundlink mini a good running at half the price and I despise portable devises that don't offer micro USB charging.
This has lead to me looking at the SRS-X9 :eek:penmouth:

Clio 182 and Boxster
UE Boom is excellent and has lots of little extra features that you can use via the app.
Tested many in the Apple Store and this, imo was the best all rounder.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just bought a klipsch GIG for £59 from
Tesco, so far it's pretty impressive. Only one I've seen that skips tracks and does Siri from the speaker itself