ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth head units / mobile integration?

KG Exige - ex-V6 owner
Sorry if this is a bit of a thick question - but if you were to buy a bluetooth head unit, could you play music on it via a mobile phone with bluetooth enabled? Basically, can you stream it from the mobile, into the head unit?

I was thinking of a Sony Erricson phone and a Parrot bluetooth system.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
One simple answer t that is no. Bluetooth on most phones is only able to send voice data, not streamed music.

Best thing to do is buy yourself a good Bluetooth phone kit, such as the Sony Erricson, or Parrot, and have it wired up to your speakers in the car, then get yourself a MP3 Headunit with Ipod connection, shove the ipod in the glove box with a craddle and wiring loom running to the back of the headunit,

MUCH Better than streaming music from your phone.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
actually you can streme music from some phones to a headunit however the sony erricson is too slow im guessing as it cannont be done... i dont no the spesifics but i know a friend of mine had this set up in his car.. sat the phone in the charger cradel and set the playlist going as bluetooth kills battery... also the above idea is much better and practical... :)

yes you can but your phone must be bluetooth a2dp enabled,make sure your phone is compatable before you buy it

parrot 6000 and sony ericsson should work provided you have a2dp as i said,sony ercisson phones work best with parott kits as they worked together to develop the kit

clio v6
The reason why some devices support audio streaming over bluetooth and some do not is dependent not on hardware but on the revision of the bluetooth library installed on your bluetooth device. In other words if your device does not support audio streaming then find out from the manufacturer if there is a firmware update (firmware is software for embedded controllers e.g. BIOS on pc motherboard) for your device.