ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth Auto Connect

A ANIMAL
Yes thats right, I'm starting a thread in Apple chat.

After a post from Tom i decided to purchase a little bluetooth adaptor to save messing around with adaptors for old iphone speakers etc.

It seems to work just fine which is cool - but evrytime i turn blutooth off , then turn it back on - the phone doesn't autoconnect to the device (it knows its there but just doesn't connect)

Anything i'm missing or just one of those Apple things?

iPhone 5 FYI (which is wwwaaaaaaaayyyyy better than an S3, FYI)

xx :cool:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This guy went to the doctor once, said that his arm hurt every time he turned bluetooth off.

Guess what the doctor said?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Seems to be an issue with the cheap adaptors not being proactive and establishing the connection themselves (like a more expensive one in a car or a headset would)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
TBH im not massively impressed with mine but seeing as it was £4 i cant complain.

I'll get a better one later.

A ANIMAL
TBH im not massively impressed with mine but seeing as it was £4 i cant complain.

I'll get a better one later.

meh, its just to go in the volvo, as i spent loads of time converting the Tape player to an ipod dock, and i can't be arsed to do it for the lighting cable as nothing will line up and i think the cable is a little more fragile.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Do you have automatic brightness disabled and the screen brightness on the lowest setting?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's an OS6 thing from what I've heard. I didn't have autoconnect with iOS4, but my iOS5 iPhone auto connects every time (doesn't auto resume though, annoyingly) IIRC in iOS6 it's back to manually connecting. Which is precisely why I haven't updated to iOS6.

iToo iMany iI's iIn iThat iPost

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It's an OS6 thing from what I've heard. I didn't have autoconnect with iOS4, but my iOS5 iPhone auto connects every time (doesn't auto resume though, annoyingly) IIRC in iOS6 it's back to manually connecting. Which is precisely why I haven't updated to iOS6.

iToo iMany iI's iIn iThat iPost

This is incorrect.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
And wifi off.

People like that need to be shot.

Yeah.

But my guess is that he doesn't - I bet the backlight draws more current over the space of a minute than the bluetooth chip does in standby from 100% battery to 0%.

It's massively pointless.

And WiFi will use even less current when not actively transmitting.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Shame everything i own isn't bluetooth 4, then it would be even less of an issue.

A ANIMAL
Do you have automatic brightness disabled and the screen brightness on the lowest setting?

Saywut Snoop?

Srs, i don't use anything bluetooth so i was just asking, if it works with the bluetooth on all the time then thats coolio daddio izzle dizzle bizzle shizzle ma nizzle

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Like I say, I haven't experienced it myself because I haven't updated to iOS6, but I've heard of people having that problem after updating/upgrading.

Try it with a different phone, OP.

I have and i tested it (because i have all the bits to test, as mentioned in the OP), with bluetooth on it reconnects. When you switch it off you have to manually do it. Why would he try it with a different phone? He's asking about his phone.

I applaud you for "trying" to help, but in reality you may as well give him advice on sausages.

A ANIMAL
FYI, as soon as the phone is out of range it looses connection and i have to manually re-connect. No biggy, cheap bluetooth adaptor was never going to be the mutts