ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blueprinting

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

The bloke that is doing my engine work mentioned he can blueprint my engine. I know what this is as Iv read up on it but is it going to be an expensive job on top of the rest of the work? I didnt ask him at the time but if its going to add mega bucks onto the total then id rather know what to expect when I call him back tomorrow.

Im having, head, cams etc so its going to be in bits anyway.

Cheers for any advise :)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Any engine gurus out there? I am thinking of getting 2 litre bottom end and head/cam work etc. Looking at getting stuff lightened and balanced but is this really necessary. Think I will get a lightened and balanced billet steel flywheel for obvious advantages but is it worth going for billet crankshaft and con rods, forged pistons etc.

Taking my time on this as I want to do things right first time to avoid expensive mistakes. Anyone know of some good places to use for advice and ultimately the work. Looking at getting a spare engine from scrapyard or somewhere so this can be worked on and then swapped with my current engine when ready.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Im getting the same done in a couple of weeks mate. Been reading into it a lot over the past couple of weeks and got some good advice from people on here.

Looks like modified head, cams, maybe pulleys although the bloke reckons they are not really neccessary. Blueprinting maybe dependant on cost, lightened flywheel and hill power chip.

Iv bought a complete head to work on that can be fitted straight on the car as mines off the road at the min.

The bloke who is doing most of the work only lives one mile away and he prepares race engines including Noble engines. Works from home and reckons he got a Astra GTE 2.0 16v from mailto:155@fly">155@fly to mailto:157@wheels">157@wheels without even touching the cams.

Fingers crossed hell do a good job with it.

From what I understand the Clio Cup race cars have a blueprinted engine.

Blueprinting an engine means hand building an engine with perfectly fit components using maximum recommended clearances, and minimum recommended volumes. These specifications should be determined using the engine manufacturers tolerances for the engine being built.

All parts must be one hundred percent clean. The block should be boiled out making certain water jackets are perfectly clean. All bolt holes should be re-tapped, cleaned and oiled, as well as their mating bolts. Any surfaces being refinished should have all holes chamfered, and any casting burrs or irregularities should be ground away.

Blueprinted means to change the spec of your engine!!!!! What you want is a ballanced and blueprinted engine, it will then be able to rev higher and will have parts changed to other than standard stuff.... IE Cams, oil pump, valves etc etc...