ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blue/white looking headlights

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
So guys I keep seeing various taxi's and high end BMW's (I live In stoke on Trent ) with these strong blue or white head light bulbs and I was just wondering what they are, I know you can get blue ones from halfords but that they are illegal unless its for a show purpose.Cheers

They are HID Lights (High Intensity Discharge) You can get them for the Clios but you have to have the Lense headlights not the standard reflector headlights (have normal bulbs) As they will dazzle on coming road users with the standard reflector head lights

Nick

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
Can you buy the lenses seperate or are they a full replacment of the headlight, I replaced mine a month or so after getting the car with chrome angel eye projector headlights, are they fully legal with the right lenses ?:)Tim

Tho if you want to be a pikey you can just fit a hid conversion kit, you'll get moaned at a lot on here for that though. the kits are liek £30 on ebay.
As long as your beam is set up correctly you won't be blinding other road users. (not sure how you'll get on with mot now the regs have changed but its a ten minute job to swap back)