ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blown fuse now car won't start

Clio 182
Hi,
I was changing the interior LED's to blue and managed to blow the central locking fuse when doing the hazard dash. Now the car won't start, is it normal for the car not to start until I put another 5 Amp fuse in or has something else blown as well? When I turn the key to start the engine I can use the radio, climate control and wing mirror adjustment but I cannot use headlights, interior lights or wiper blades.

I don't have any fuses to hand and won't be able to get one until the morning so I'd like to know if putting in a new fuse will solve the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Sorry not to have replied sooner, I did try and understand the wiring diagram and immobiliser for the clio a while back and it seems if the central locking is down, the immobiliser will stop the car from running iirc. I guess you probably already found this out by putting a new fuse in. You might have noticed the clio has storage for spare fuses in the fusebox cover, and its a cunning plan to keep them well stocked so you don't get held back by 10p of fuse. I also changed out all of the fuses to "glow blow" style ones that illuminate when they are blown, making it a lot easier to identify a possible fuse being blown in the middle of a night rally, but also preventing you from having to check every single fuse.

Clio 182
Yeah it was the central locking fuse. Makes a good security mechanism though I suppose? Those fuses sound like a godsend, where do you get them from?

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I bought mine from ebay, but you can also get them from demon tweeks etc if you fancy paying 4 times as much XD... you can also buy resettable fuses from demon tweeks, but I think they are too long to fit in the fuse box with the cover on. At any rate they are very expensive.