ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowing exhaust

BG 182, BMW 320d
Just bought myself a 182, knew it was blowing a bit but always had the intention of replacing the exhaust. It seems to be blowing directly below my seating position any ideas what bit ill need to replace when doing this is a case of full system with decat/cat/sports cat?

Thanks

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you looked at the exhaust at all? If it's under the seats then it sounds like it's one of the joints at the cat/decat.

A new genuine Renault cat/manifold joining kit being about £17.

Plenty of threads about people being tight and buying pattern parts only for it to fail again after 3 months.

BG 182, BMW 320d
Have you looked at the exhaust at all? If it's under the seats then it sounds like it's one of the joints at the cat/decat.

Yeah its got a fair bit of paste on that area where it clamps on so I'm guessing thats the route cause .........

BG 182, BMW 320d
A new genuine Renault cat/manifold joining kit being about £17.

Plenty of threads about people being tight and buying pattern parts only for it to fail again after 3 months.

So be best of just getting a something that will last ......

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Get someone to put their hands over the tail pipes, and you go under the car and feel for air blowing out. Covering the tailpipes will put more pressure on the hole so it will be easier to find.

BG 182, BMW 320d
Alright cool i caught it as well tonight and the slight rasp turned into a loud sound but only need to make it last a couple of weeks until i get a new one cheers bud