ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blocked pipe work help required

renault traffic.
Hi, I'm new to Clio ownership and after a bit of advise :)
I brought a 182 at the weekend and there's been two pipes blocked off under the bonnet, one on the rear of the inlet manifold that looks like a breather the other on the front of the inlet manifold near the throttle body which looks like a small vac pipe.
Any reason why these have been blocked off? Where they ment to go? And if they have been blocked for the better is there any better way of doing it instead of two bolts lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 57

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
The first one with the blue bit of pipe normally connects to the acoustic valve in the NSF wheel arch. People remove them to increase induction noise a bit and just bung the pipe like yours. The second one I can't remember off the top of my head without looking at my car but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the rear one normally goes to or from the charcoal canister which is in the OSF wheel arch. This is to do with emissions control but again people bin them off with no ill effects.