ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blending

BMW E36 328i Sport
What does this actually mean? If I was to get a door sprayed I know it would need blended to the 1/4 panel but what exactly does that mean? Does it just mean the paint is mixed to be the same as the 1/4 panel and not just an off the shelf colour? Or does it mean the 1/4 panel will get sprayed as well as the door.

Sounds a bit of a stupid question I know. I under stand the panels need to match the originals.

Thanks.

Evo 8 MR
It means they paint part of it as to blend it in with the door until you cannot notice a difference in colour or any lines in the paint.

However, there are good and bad bodyshops.

Means doing the quarter panel as well as the door, when applying the basecoat (the colour) they will flick the paint out onto the quarter a bit to fade it into the original paint so the colour doesn't look off. It also helps with colours which have a lot of metallic fleck through them.

If you're doing a whole door and it requires blending you'd need to do the wing as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You have a blak car aswell so if the garage have any brains or talent they may not need to blend the adjacent panel. :)

BMW E36 328i Sport
I thought black was an easy match too. I'm needing to get a few panels painted so wanting to do it in stages because I don't have all the money at the moment bit if it all needs blended then I would probs have to get it done on a one'r

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
do it in one go you can normally get a bit nocked of rather than paying full whack for each panel individually. but as said above black normally matches pretty well without having to blend