ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blast in the Westfield

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Had the Westfield out for a couple of blasts at the weekend :cool:

Unearthed a fuel leak (now fixed) and a coolant leak (hopefully an easy fix tonight).

Anyway, took a cople of pics on my phone and really like this one for some reason so thought I'd share it...

IMAG0224.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Ps. Before anyone says...I'm aware my offside tail light is no longer working :rasp:

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Caterham of a decent spec too expensive so I'll settle for tesco value alternative lol

It's running 2.0 XE on 45's and about 350bhp per tonne:D

Properly set up for sprints/hillclimbs so a bit of a handful on the road and I'm still trying to get used to it so the car is miles faster than me at the moment to be honest!

One proper seat at the moment (got seat pads in the passenger side) but got a proper seat on the way to match the drivers side so passengers are a little more secure!

Was gutted I didn't have my camera with me as it would have made a great pic if the quality had been better.

Was going to take it to work today until I noticed the coolant leak as well! Aparently a common design fault with piping/radiator layout so hopefully a second jubilee clip will cure it. Guaranteed it will be raining tomorrow once I've fixed it!

Cheers,

Dave

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Cheers.

We'll have to get something organised now that the weather appears to be getting better!

Would love to see the lotus, and I guess putting a face to your name wouldn't be 'to bad' either!

Need to stage it round petrol stations though as I have a racing tank fitted...

Dave

Cheers.

We'll have to get something organised now that the weather appears to be getting better!

Would love to see the lotus, and I guess putting a face to your name wouldn't be 'to bad' either!

Need to stage it round petrol stations though as I have a racing tank fitted...

Dave

Sounds good to me!

Looking good mate, i ve had a fair bit of use out of mine recently, so glad I didn't take it off the road for the winter!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome mate, you need to take me for a spin! See if i can beat you in the Tigra!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Awesome mate, you need to take me for a spin! See if i can beat you in the Tigra!

Probably give me a run for my money till I get the balls to test the limits of the tyres lol

Not had the balls to drive it fast enough to even get the tyres up to temperature yet!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Looking good mate, i ve had a fair bit of use out of mine recently, so glad I didn't take it off the road for the winter!

Nice one...I've put a years tax on mine with that exact intention of using at every opportunity! None of this wrapping it in cotton wool nonsence!

Out of curiosity, Have you had any bother with coolant leaking from nearside bottom of radiator where hose is connected? Mine's started dripping and is apparently a common problem.

Apparently section of radiator where hose connects is too long (long straight section) so when hose gets hot it can cause a wee leak to appear - fixed with a second jubilee clip by all accounts.

Cheers,

Dave

Mines got a lightweight VW Polo radiator, I had the nose cone off when I first got it and checked it all over no signs of any leaking and nothing on the garage floor! To be fair the last owner spent a fair amount of time and money on the engine so its pretty much uptogether.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Mines got a lightweight VW Polo radiator, I had the nose cone off when I first got it and checked it all over no signs of any leaking and nothing on the garage floor! To be fair the last owner spent a fair amount of time and money on the engine so its pretty much uptogether.

Aye,pretty sure that's what's fitted to mine.

That and my fuel leak are down to it being rebuilt so recently I think.Bound to be some teething problemd I guess.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
This thread is making me even more excited about this weekend - if the weather is nice I should be picking up a Tiger R6 - 2 litre zetec on webber 45's/Tarox 6 pot brakes/carbon fibre arches/straight cut gearbox etc. Can't wait!

What tyres have you got on the westfield and has it been very lively in the cold and wet conditions?

Mines running R888's its fine aslong as you treat it with respect, was abit lively in these conditions (I only drifted it round the block!).
46272130.jpg

CX-7,westfield,ix20
This thread is making me even more excited about this weekend - if the weather is nice I should be picking up a Tiger R6 - 2 litre zetec on webber 45's/Tarox 6 pot brakes/carbon fibre arches/straight cut gearbox etc. Can't wait!

What tyres have you got on the westfield and has it been very lively in the cold and wet conditions?

I'm running Avon acb10's.Awesome tyres but need to be respected when cold!

Alex your a hero for having yours out in the snow!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Probably give me a run for my money till I get the balls to test the limits of the tyres lol

Not had the balls to drive it fast enough to even get the tyres up to temperature yet!

ha! Will give you a holla soon for a 'nosey'

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Not just a weekend toy...

Works on school days to although you get some funny looks sat in traffic!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Good work on the snow driving - I used to love taking my VX220 out in the snow and ice. Made for ridiculous drift angles at about 10mph wherever you went. People looked at me funny for having the roof off too - but it was sunny and a very crisp day. Amazing driving experience.

Both of your Westfields are on track day type tyres then - I may have to look into some for the summer. The Tiger is on split rims with Toyo T1-Rs on the back and T1-Ss on the front. Still amazed at the cornering speed with those on - on something like 888s it would be pretty epic!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Especially when you do the 'industrial leaf blower impression' Kerb height side exit exhaust on nearside + a blip of the throttle = road sweeper matching gutter clearing abilities!

Aye! Took it to work today and all the blokes who like to pretend they know what they are talking about gathered round.

One of them was stood right beside the exhaust pipe when I started it up and got a bit of a fright lol

Another one tried to tell bme that I had a bike exhaust fitted!! Yes of course it is, how silly of me to think it is a rather expensive SBD system lol

Was funny leaving the car park on cold tyres a bit sideways though ;)