ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackpool Illuminations Charity Run (Feeler Thread)

Another forum I frequent (ExtremeBHP) was going to organise an Illuminations convoy and I thought there would be no better opportunity to raise some money for a charity.

In Blackpool there is a charity known as "Donna's Dream House" which basically provides funds for children with terminal illnesses the opportunity for a holiday.

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/

Earlier this year, Donna's Dream House was subjected to an arson attack and therefore funds donated towards holidays would have gone into the refurbishment of the premises.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/local/dream-house-fire-two-arrested-1-4137712

I have spoken with Sonia @ ExtremeBHP (who is a good friend of mine) and we are looking to organise an Illuminations Cruise to support Donna's Dream House.

We are looking at Saturday 20th October at a cost of £5 per car. Sonia has informed me she will pay for the stickers that each car will be displaying as her donation to the charity. Therefore your £5 will go directly to Donna's Dream House

I have e-mailed Donna's Dream House's fundraiser reference our intended fundraising plans tonight but I don't expect a reply until sometime tomorrow.

My intentions (if Donna's Dream House reply positively to our suggested fundraising cruise) are to talk to Lancashire Constabulary to hopefully arrange all cars involved in the convoy uninterrupted access to Blackpool promenade. Also to talk to the Blackpool Gazette to arrange some media coverage of the event.

At the moment the plan is very hazy as the idea was only raised a few hours ago.

I will update when I have any further information, but would anyone be interested in joining us to raise some well needed money for a good cause?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll come up as its for a charity so long as its after 5:30pm! Sounds like a good plan and I hope it all works out there's some right sick f*****s about why would anyone set fire to someone else's place/house?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Id probably be up for that - could see if a few friends wanted to join aswell however they wont be in clios.

I recently went on holiday to Blackpool and stayed about 2 minutes away from Donna's Dream House. Unfortunately I cannot go down again ( Live in Scotland ) so is there any way I could give some money toward the charity, without attending?

I recently went on holiday to Blackpool and stayed about 2 minutes away from Donna's Dream House. Unfortunately I cannot go down again ( Live in Scotland ) so is there any way I could give some money toward the charity, without attending?

I am sure we can arrange something, every little helps as they say. I'm just about to ring Donna's Dream House as they have not responded to my e-mail yet.

Despite my best efforts to gain the support of Donna's Dream House for this meet, I have so far had zero response from them even though I have sent them 2 e-mails and called them 3 times in hope of some kind of reply. This all in the space of 1 week. I've been promised numerous times I would get a call back yet I've heard nothing from them whatsoever.

Therefore I can only assume they don't want the financial support our intended cruise could raise for their cause and as far as I am concerned the Illumiminations Run is off. I would have had to take unpaid leave from work to attend it which I was initially prepared to do, but (without sounding ignorant) I'm quite upset by their lack of reply to accept or deny the intended fundraising event.

I appreciate all that have shown a willingness to donate but it seems this year is not the year.

Next year I may possibly try again although I can't guarantee I will feel so strongly about supporting a charity that have ignored my fundraising ideas in the past.

Clio 172, Pug 106
That's really strange....you'd of thought with what happened in the last few months they would want the donations...

maybe something to look into for next year and do like what ford peeps do on the lower prom?