ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BlackGold LSP's

Not a poxy Renault
Just finishing PC'ing and I'm eventually managing to get a pretty good result. My question is what products to put on the newly polished paintwork. I've tried Megs#7 followed by Collinite 845 but I think i could get a better finish.
I've obviously got the above two plus CG 50/50 and EGP. Is there anything else (sealant etc) that someone could recommend £20ish? is it worth stretching to onyx?
Also whats the best way of removing the above two products - Megs step1 (local motor factors) or just a quick polish with some Menz 106

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I liked this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/chemical-guys-pete-39-s-53-paste-wax/prod_337.html

Came up like this,

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

Pretty easy to use, can be a little hard to buff off in hot weather, but for twenty notes, you can't go wrong

Oh and it smells good enough to eat!!!!
:)

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Onyx is a decent step up from 50/50, but they aren't the most durable waxes for this time of year, so you should use a more durable one unless you are planning on washing regularly, which isn't always possible or desirable this time of year.

However you could try layering the 50/50 you presently have over the harder Collinites wax, I currently have Onyx sitting over Collinites 476s (like the Collinites you have but in a hard-wax setting) and this leaves both a great finish and is ultra durable.

For a good sealant you can't really go wrong with the Jeffs Acrylic Jet Trigger, I slighly prefer the finish over EGP and is quicker to use and seems just as durable.

As per Matt's suggestion, a glaze would add to the depth of the shine, especially if you ditch the sealant and then layer with an appropriate wax, but at this time of year protection is more important to me, and all glazes as far as I am aware don't really provide much if any, and compromise the durability of anything you lay over them.

I would suggest sticking with the products you currently own, layering some 50/50 over the Collinites wax and waiting untill the Spring and buying something new, or else if you can't wait another suggestion would be to use a new premium hard wax, such as Blue Velvet, and then layer that with the 50/50. Speak to Matt if you are interested in the Dodo as he stocks it, not used it myself yet still but people seem to highly rate it.

Tom.

106 GTi
The wax is the last step in process, the biggest changes looks wise with mine has always been down to the polishing. Get it polished nicely with a decent finish polish such as Menzerna Final Finish and the looks the wax adds will be minimal.

Glazes for me don't even tend to add much to the looks after the above. But did add nice looks before I machined it for the first time.

Looks wise Onyx will raise the bar a touch, it does looks better than the 50/50 as does Dodo Juice Purple Haze. Both would be my choice rather than the CG 50/50.

I have tried more LSP's than I would like to list on my BG and if I could choose just one to keep it would be the Onyx. It looks nearly as good to other waxes that cost a lot more money.

If going down the sealant route I find the EGP can mute the small flakes in the paint, I rarely use a sealant on it these days but if I did it would be Jeffs Acyrlic Jett Trigger or Blackfire at a close second.

Not a poxy Renault
Thanks for the info, I've been using Final Finish and I think I've got it pretty dam good when teamed with a blue SFX pad. Interesting to hear about the glaze and wax not adding that much to this finish, thats what I've been finding. I was expecting a big differance from #7 but it was only a tiny improvement, same again for the collinite.
Durabiliy isn't really a problem too much now as I've picked up a diesel saxo as a workhorse (65MPG!!!)
Rich, you're just polishing then applying onyx straight over the top, no steps inbetween?

106 GTi
Most of the look is in the prep, so can understand what you are seeing. Normally I follow up the FF with some Swissvax Cleaner Fluid to ensure it bonds as well as it can before adding the way.

Not a poxy Renault
That was going to be my next question - do you need cleaner fluid? I'd almost convinvced myself to part with £40 but another £20 on top!!

106 GTi
Not sure ! I tend to use it as it gives no reason for the wax not to bond if the FF doe leave any oils etc behind. It is a nice product to have on the shelf when you want to clean up paintwork without polishing.

Onyx should be fine straight over the Menzerna to be fair, but I always try to use the CF or another pre wax cleanser though.

Not a poxy Renault
will the cleaner fluid remove 1 coat of collinite and the #7? or should I use the FF again?