ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blackberry storm

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
hey guys been offerd a storm for a good price as my sony erricson has fucked up .

my gf has a curve and i do like that was just wondering ppls thoughts on the storm?

Audi TT
Hang on. Hang on a minute.

Have either of you actually used a Storm with the latest firmware on it or are you going on reviews when they first came out last year?

With the latest firmware the Storm is really good. It's loads quicker than the launch OS and all round a really good phone. The new Storm2 is obviously better but the original Storm is still a great handset once you've loaded up the newest available. They should be releasing OS5 for the storm and Bold 9000 towards the end of the year as well.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Ive got one and its fantastic don't listen to the sheep who have never even used one.

S3, HD Nightster
Yes I've used one, I have a bold. Main reason to avoid would be that the bold and curve are MUCH better.

Audi TT
Used one, and yes its shocking even on the latest firmware.

Shocking how?

It's a blackberry so a piece of piss to use and setup. The screen is good for playing media. Can get some decent little games for it if that's your thing.

Yes I've used one, I have a bold. Main reason to avoid would be that the bold and curve are MUCH better.

I have a Bold and prefer it to the Storm but this guy is asking about the Storm which I do think is a decent phone and if he's been offered it at a good price then don't see any reason why not to take it on.

The screen is the worst thing about it.

In terms of it being a blackberry, thats fair enough. But thats no excuse for the shocking working of the gel screen, buttons falling off etc.

If its a decent price, like £100-£120, then its a bargain, but i wouldnt have one over say an iPhone, or new bold of 8900.

Clio 182 FF
As soon as vodafone get the iphone in im swapping my storm for that..had it since it came out... and its now abit of a state... screen cracked and touch screen is un reliable

S3, HD Nightster
I have a Bold and prefer it to the Storm but this guy is asking about the Storm which I do think is a decent phone and if he's been offered it at a good price then don't see any reason why not to take it on.
Yes, but he also asked for other peoples thoughts. I wouldn't touch it unless it was cheap enough for me to sell on ebay at a profit, then get a decent blackberry lol.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Had a Storm since launch, no issues at all, Screen is fine if its a good prie get it but the latest update is a must.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i got it last nite seems good so far my g/f has the curve but the keyboard is tiny. i did get it for a decent price only 2 digits in the price. just trying to sort it all out bit confuseing as not really used one before.