ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blackberry 8110/8120

you may know it, clio?
iphone is too big for me, really need one that i can message quickly and fit easily in my pocket

my friend has the iphone, its a fun phone but im happy its his and not mine if you understand what im saying

Ph-Sold!
Just got an 8110 on upgrade through Vodafone, and I manage about 400 BlackBerrys of various types for my company.

Excellent handsets, the typing on the 81xx takes a little getting used to but it does everything you could need very well, just doesn't have the 'wow' factor for some people and the camera is a 2mp job - but does take a lot better pics than a Nokia 2mp. Lots of scope to change it all around to your liking, plus loads of software available online too. It's also surprisingly light and the battery is 3-4 days of average use including spending 2 hours a day on the train.

You can tell that it's a business or 'prosumer' phone and not a fashion accessory but these days most phones seem to be either huge, complex and slow or pretty but vacant but this one does everything with no significant compromises IMO

This is my final choice of upgrade, in a month I went from a K800i to W960i to Nokia 6500 and then the 8110 and that's where I'm staying now!

Revels Mum & Sister
I use a Curve best phone I have owned especially when it comes to Email. GOD SEND the way it handles it.

I am not into fancy features. it texts, emails and handles calls well. Battery life is half decent. It has BT and with Opera Mini installed does the job for the odd bit of web surfing for infi

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Are they all they are cracked up to be?
I'm after the new pink pearl I *think*.. not 100% decided yet.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Blackberrys for consumers are pointless!

Why would you bother? You dont look cool, you dont send email that much to warrant one.
Plus they have the worst OS on the planet, it looks like atari OS

If you use email for everything then you need one in your life, if you dont its a waste of time. I know several people that have BB's and dont even have them set up for mail!

Its like sitting in your car and making engine noises.

Revels Mum & Sister
Tom summed it up nicely.

However the Gunn is wrong about the cool factor, because EVERY celebrity on earth has one and is pictured with one. Some people crave that.

If I didnt want/need the email side I would have an iphone

you may know it, clio?
im bit too careless and just want to shove something in my pocket, i dont like the whole touch screen thing and its seems bigger?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i manage a number of them where i'm working and tbh they're good but i wouldn't have one. For my needs iphone is better, i don't have a BES for my personal email account though....

VRS
ive got one but havent used it yet, great phone but i dont think i would use it to its strengths so might just sell it on

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ive an 8100 which I have had for a while. Its a works phone and I get quite a number of emails on a daily basis.

I like it and fits for my use, but would never choose one personally for a couple of reasons. The software isnt the greatest and in my experience they BBs in general are pretty fragile.

Last edited:
  Ph-Sold!
I use mine for email too, I think the OS is really good (each to their own) I wouldn't probably consider getting one just as a phone but the 8110 has GPS sat/nav too which is a bonus. Couldn't get on the W960i at all, mine was amazingly slow and unresponsive - hated it and swapped it back after 2 days.

I'd love an iPhone but couldn't justify the expense to get one and hassle of moving networks.