ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Wow Test - (FAO Brand Van 86)

106 GTi
As promised quick test on the daily hack, and some back to back shots with AG Bumper Care Gel

IMG_9947.jpg

Undressed bumper

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9951.jpg

One coat of Black Wow on the left side, untouched on the right. Applied with a MF cloth and buffed with another.

AG vs Black Wow

IMG_9954.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

The previously untouched right hand side now dressed with AG Bumper Care Gel applied as per the Black Wow (Normal consumer version used rather than the trade one just in case). Black Wow fish was more even, dark and black as you can even see in the pics.

IMG_9959.jpg

Above - tried to give the AG a chance so applied a second coat - still did not look as good.

The Bumper was just cleaned of dirt with water. Better results may come with a pre clean with Einszett Plastic Cleaner or such first. Looks like rain so will update on durability.

IMG_9962.jpg

I was surprised you can see the difference in the AG and Wow in the pics but you can.

Untouched compared to Black Wow

IMG_9960.jpg

IMG_9961.jpg

106 GTi
No - after a buff with a clean MF, feels like the AG non greasy and dry to the touch

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Rich! Great information. Gonna wait until you can tell us about the durability before i put my name down though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool cheers Richard Richard...looks like I am going to have to buy some now doesn't it?!?

Did it rain in the end then anyway, that is the ultimate test!

106 GTi
Cool cheers Richard Richard...looks like I am going to have to buy some now doesn't it?!?

Did it rain in the end then anyway, that is the ultimate test!

Looking grey still has not rained yet though. Will rain in a bit when I take the Clio out the garage for the first time in about two months! lol

Mito Sportiva 135
Rich you should leave it outside, seeing rain bead off is the best part!!! Kind of...

You should create your own underground road system, no rain EVER that way!

Cheers for the review, surprised how much better it looks - noticable even in a photo.

106 GTi
The finish it leaves is much more even and darker - I thought the camera would struggle to show it but it did. Will have to see how it holds up.

106 GTi
1 DAY UPDATE

lol - Just popped out to clean the glass - 24 hours on, 120 odd miles, some light rain last and a damp cold night the Black Wow has lost it's inital looks advantage over the AG, hard to split the two apart now aside from the fact the Black Wow finish looks more even. The additional sheen and gloss the Black Wow had on application is over, colour and gloss wise nothing in it.

Both are streak free though and neither have not run, and water is beading on both.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm thanks for the update Rich. Thats annoying! Maybe see if there is much difference after a week or so perhaps? Otherwise back to the drawing board!

106 GTi
Yeap initial 'wow' has gone the better looks did not last long, aside from the more even look to it you would not see the difference in the two now. Time will tell how long it will last.

Car is due a wash next weekend as well (wash it once a month lo) so that will also be a test.

Mito Sportiva 135
Its not so much the gloss I am bothered about, just want a nice even finish after it has been raining or washed. AG tends to look a bit faded, and you sometimes get marks where the rain has run down on it. I find the plastic around the windows can look a bit streaky especially.

106 GTi
Finish is still nice be it flat compared to how it started. No water marks in either.

I would not use either on the window seals or surrounds anyway though. Clearkote Vanilla Moose on them to clean then Wax.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I have heard people using wax on them, I take using a hard wax won't leave white marks on the surrounds like on textured plastics then?
So much talk of plastics is making me hungry!

106 GTi
I use Zymol Titanium on mine at the same time as I wax the glass with it and it works fine.

The Polished Bliss guys say they Zymol Carbon on the textured trim as well but I have not risked it.

Plastics - Hungry ?

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't have Titanium or Carbon, but I imagine the trusty 476s will do the same job a long as its used very thinly?

I used to wax my glass but found it went a bit hazy sometimes in the summer. Might work better now in the winter.

And yes...hungry. Not quite sure why? Pavlov would have a field day there...

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool nice one, I will give this a try next time I am working and see what its like.

Let us know the long term durability of WOW though if you remember Rich, ta.

Nice test Rich and the initial wow has to be worth something? Shows? After all you don't care about durability ;)

Look forward to the result after a few weeks!

I alos find its a great cleaner product too, removing crap etc from plastics

106 GTi
Don't get me wrong the initial look was good. THough the main selling point was it is meant to last too ? Something that would last 4 weeks between washes on the daily drive you be a bonus too.

But yeah all about the looks baby !

Did not realise it cleaned as well.

Mito Sportiva 135
New Look leaves a glossier finish I think, but not as long lasting. I only use New Look to finish off my tyres these days, and some areas in the engine bay.

106 GTi
200 odd miles more and some heavy rain on monday.

Both the Wow and AG look about the same both have faded quite a lot, both just look dark grey and the difference between the treated an untreated parts is becoming hard to tell.

Both the AG and Wow have water spotted in areas, both minor and neither really worse than each other. Dust attraction wise a swipe from a finger on each looked the same, but both had attracted more grime then the untreated side.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm interesting Rich. To me that doesn't sound like a significant difference to the AG, not enough to convince me to switch anyway.

How much did you have to use compared to AG? Will one bottle last longer than one of AG, considering how much more the cost is per ml?

106 GTi
I used a tiny amount of each, Did not use any more AG than the Wow. Small 1 pence sized blob of each.

I only did a quarter of the bumper so without doing a whole car it is hard to gauge.