ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Wheels?

Clio Sport 16v 172
Hi all i've just bought a black 172 and was hoping to buy new wheels sometime in the future, I was hoping some off you could offer me some suggestions regarding size and style and preferably photos of what you have done..
Also is it worth getting the car lowered?
look forward to seeing your results.

RS RIP
welcome !

I know my cup as standard sits way to high, lowering looks a LOT better and when getting good coilovers you'll improve the ride too. Something like H&R are liked very much here by members.
I just ordered some today :D

I would'nt go for 17inch wheels, they'll slow you down. No pics from me mate sorry...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Try the search Tab at the top, Should find loadsa Threads asking Similar questions!

Batman, Fester and loadsa other members have Black Wheels on Black Cars!

Agree wiv Franx on the Lowering side of things, Its gotta b Coilovers if ur looking to lower ur car without ruining the Handling and also no Bigger than 16"'s for your wheels!!!

Clio 197
Love black wheels on a black car, there is someone on here but cant actually remember but clio-coby has done the honours on that one.

Clio Sport 16v 172
Cheers for the advice and pointing me in the right direction, bought the car last weekend but i'm not picking it up untill this Saturday. So glad I found this site. It's kept me occupied but i've had enough of reading now i just want to drive the damn thing.
Thanks again

How about some team dynamics pro race 1.2s in black.
They look really good and are also very light! Not to expensive either.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
search for bmh's 1.6 16v dynamique.....black with black superturismos iirc.....looks gorgeous. i'm going to put some black pro race 1.2s on my 1.2 16v

clio 200 F4Rt
black wheels rule!!!

IMG_1220-vi.jpg

IMG_1252-vi.jpg

size wise... go 15's if your gonna do track days etc, otherwise stick to 16's!

W

wickedbitch

fuel do some nice black alloys on the top gear web site start at 17's

I would go for 16's if you are thinking of dropping it too as you will get rubbing.
I just get away with it and im lowered 60mm

RB 200 Cup!
^ Was thinking of doing that to mine - but gotta keep the tyres clean which is a prob as im a lazy bastid.

just gonna put on my spare 182 anthracites i think - very ncie car tho greeny!

Clio MK 4
I only like black wheels when there is a polished silver rim as it breaks it up a bit as sometimes black on black looks like you had your dust caps nicked lol.

just my opinion though. 17" lowered

BMW M135i
search for bmh's 1.6 16v dynamique.....black with black superturismos iirc.....looks gorgeous. i'm going to put some black pro race 1.2s on my 1.2 16v

You rang? Still miss that car when I look at the pics i've got of it, how sad lol.

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

Need to try this again methinks.

27072007039.jpg

Octavia vRS tfsi
I didn't do it, someone else did it, I just bought it.

16j.7j r16 Speedline Turinis on 195.45 tyres...
DSC00157.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Agreed!!!!

I'd have not mentioned u didn't do it and taken the Credit 4 some Lush Wheels!!!! LOL

Octavia vRS tfsi
;) Not pushed, bought it off Darren16v on here a few weeks back and brought it back to Ireland. I don't know who put the wheels on it, possibly Darren or maybe a previous owner!