ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black plastic bits

RS 172+
A few weeks ago I managed to get polish/wax on the black plastic bits on the mirror backs, washer and fog light surrounds.

Now they show a whitish smear :dapprove:

Going to Halfrauds tomorrow - what's best product to buy to restore them to a nice black shine please?

Static Low
use a rubber / eraser on them !

no joke.. the marks come off

then as for product to make it look nice.. i like Autoglym bumpercare

Rubber eraser to get the wax off, Clean them up with a bit of fairly liquid and water. Then put smooth peanut butter over them (brings them up a treat), Or some bumper care/blackener gel.

Renault Clio
Is there no way of like, spraying them so that they go a bit darker, without colour coding them?

Golf GTD Mk7
Peanut butter on a tooth brush mate. tried and tested. Not the chunky stuff though. Use it on my trim when polishing goes a bit wayward.

3 Series touring
Is there no way of like, spraying them so that they go a bit darker, without colour coding them?
you could, but for the time and effort that would take....you may aswell spray them the colour of your car!

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
The black plastic bits are the same on my car. I bought some AG bumper care to use on it whenever I can be bothered.

I'll have a go with an eraser too :p

Golf GTD Mk7
Seriously, PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! I'm not going to tell you again ;) Eraser doesn't work. AG bumper just covers it.