ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black or R Blue?

Which colour 182 would you buy, Racing Blue or Black Gold?

• Racing Blue

Votes: 48 58.5%
  • Black Gold

Votes: 34 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I'm still umming and arring about selling my MG and buying a 182. If i was to sell then i want it in Black Gold or Racing Blue (maybe with gordini stripes).
I know Black is an absolute nightmare to keep clean and mark free but when it is clean and spotless it looks amazing!! Racing blue on the other hand is not such a bugger to keep clean so stays looking good for longer.

My question is:
If you were to buy a 182 now, would you buy it in Black Gold or Racing Blue? :)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Racing Blue all the way, but it does show every scrach and dent unless well looked after.

And only because the colour is different to everything else.

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
Racing Blue all the way, but it does show every scrach and dent unless well looked after.

And only because the colour is different to everything else.

It will be well looked after and only used at weekends. Garaged every night etc etc.

any other views?

106 GTi
Black Gold of course nothing compares when all polished up.

Why choose the no cost free colour ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
Black Gold of course nothing compares when all polished up.

Why choose the no cost free colour ;)

Because it's nicer ;)

Also black is a b*tch to keep clean (unless you never drive it)!! :cool:

Racing blue all the way :D

Da

Less
RB ;)

Poll now added to help you decide mate :)

CanonCarPics013.jpg

CanonCarPics012.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Don't be swayed by Rich's pics. They're not fair. A normal one is nothing like that ;)

Snatch with DIY mods.
Racing blue. Ive just bought an 04 artic blue. not my first choice of colour but the car is so clean it had to be had!

Black Gold 182FF
Don't be swayed by Rich's pics. They're not fair. A normal one is nothing like that ;)

It can be normal; remember mine is for sale and local ;)

lol I agree with you Rich, mines normal, got 30k on it, no dents and in mint condition inside and out. If you look after it, they will still look good even though you have to clean a B/G more than any other colour. Took mine for its 1st MOT yesterday, and had a faultless pass, the tester asked if I actually used it, so I had to point out the milage to him.:)

106 GTi
The MOT testers face was priceless when he tested mine in March said it was better than a brand new!

LY V6 with Recaros
Racing Blue! But I'm biased because I owned one. It's a rarer colour and stands out coz there aren't many cars in that colour.

both mint tbh, im in black gold, b**ch to keep clean but bonser when it is.... RB is funky and not very common...

only u kno mate

Clio 172 mk2
RB for sure

Black cars look great when clean (as above) but trust me, they are a nightmare to look after

182-racing-blue

I would go for the Blue, is the def the best...

I whole heartedly agree. Can the little gold flecks be seen by the unsuspecting motorist that gets blasted by a 182 B/G??? Nope.

On the other hand, an RB neeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww.

LOL :evil:

Yes I am mad!!!

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Racing blue if you want to be different.
just look at the previous pics...they ALL look fantastic
or arctic blue....darker metallic but a lot more about

172 ph2
My 172 is black.... never again.

I am a bit of a car clean freak *(not as much as some on here mind ;) ) and its such a nighmare to clean and keep clean. Yes it does look amazing when clean, but it stays clean for around an hour after spending 4 hours cleaning it !!

The racing blue colour is a nice alternative.

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I've already owned 2 blacks cars so keeping clean isn't an issue, plus i enjoy cleaning cars anyway:)