ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Ice :-(

if your local to notts i know a great body work guy who is cheap. My saxo (when i had her) looked similar to yours when i bumped it and he sprayed the front with a new bonnet and bumper for £250 which was pretty good. the radiator doesnt look to far back so could be pulled forward but would suggest taking it to a garage. but as i said bodywork the guy i know is by far the cheapest around

BMW M5 & E36
Im in Lincoln mate so not too far off. The rad was pi55ing fluid everywhere so that'll need replacing, along with about every other front panel. Wings look alrite actually. Subfame looks bent.

Im in Lincoln mate so not too far off. The rad was pi55ing fluid everywhere so that'll need replacing, along with about every other front panel. Wings look alrite actually. Subfame looks bent.

get it checked out at a garage dude see what they suggest and if you need body repairs give me a shout that ok??
i wouldnt write it off personally try and fix it

I was under the impression that a car is only 'written off' (total loss) by an insurance company. As your not going through an insurance company, the car wont be 'written off'. What everyone means is the damage is likely more than the car is worth. In which case you can choose to scrap it or sell it as salvage.

Personally id just get a new bumper, bonnet, replace the driveshaft (and other mechanical bits) and hammer the car back into shape. Most cars dont drive straight anyway. If your not selling it who cares? Sure it will effect the resale value being badly repaired, but if you need a car then its a good solution. Ive never had an MOT station check the chassis for damage before, so it will be fine.

I crashed a 340 volvo once and just sledge hammered it back to shape. Drove just as badly after the crash as it did before. Did another 40k + trouble free miles in it. It looked a lot worse than that one after the crash. Passed a number of mot's without question.

People have this big problem with driving damaged cars. Most race cars have been crashed more times than you realise, and they just get banged back into shape. Most cars are cheaply repairable to a safe standard if you use some common sense and dont mind driving around in a car that doeant look like its just out of a show room. An bonnet can easily be hammered back to shape.

clio 182 black /gold
When i was a young person i was 3rd party fire and theft. Untill i got a 4K car then i went fully comp. Unlucky break the car to spares.

BMW M5 & E36
Insurance premiums are so high at our age because people like you crash!

First off it's more than likely that my insurance company won't even know about it so that invalidates your point.

Secondly it wasn't as though I was driving some chavved up corsa overtaking on a blind crest and hit someone head on.... or something along those lines.

No other cars involved, no other people involved.

BMW M5 & E36
It's a scrapper guys :(

What would be worth selling from it on everyones favourite auction site? And does anyone on here need anything?!

fiesta 1.25
I know sorry mate was my brother.I do feel for you.He has a point as one of my mates is a dick in his car and is always crashing but this seems like youve just been unlucky.