ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black gold winter prep

BG Clio 182 FF
Weathers on the turn so I need to give the clio a bath.

Have been using the carlack and collinite kit from CYC. Durability is great but it doesn't do much for the swirls unfortunately.

I'm looking for a paintwork cleaner similar to carlack that removes all the gunk but does a better job of filling in the swirls. Will top it with collinite and a long life sealant (Carpro reload?)

Any recommendations for the paintwork prep? (I hate claying).

Triple. It has chemical cleaners, a small amount of cut to nip out minor swirls and lots of fillers. It's your best option and can be topped with what ever hardy sealant/wax you choose.

BG Clio 182 FF
Triple. It has chemical cleaners, a small amount of cut to nip out minor swirls and lots of fillers. It's your best option and can be topped with what ever hardy sealant/wax you choose.

Thanks JD - will take a look now.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Dependant on how long you want to spend I was impressed by AF Rejuvenate to pull the crap out followed by Poorboys Blackhole as a glaze.

One stop then AF Tripple.

BG Clio 182 FF
Right chaps - been reading up a little on DW and apparently Colli 476 shouldn't be layered on top of tripple as the solvent will affect the tripple underneath?

Haven't got the funds right now for another wax so i'm thinking Tripple with carpro reload or AF tough coat on top? Or just will the colli be fine between the tripple and sealant?

Right chaps - been reading up a little on DW and apparently Colli 476 shouldn't be layered on top of tripple as the solvent will affect the tripple underneath?

Haven't got the funds right now for another wax so i'm thinking Tripple with carpro reload or AF tough coat on top? Or just will the colli be fine between the tripple and sealant?

FK1000p for a couple of quid or 845 insulator wax. Both much better than 476 and cheap.

Or Reload will be just fine.

BG Clio 182 FF
FK1000p for a couple of quid or 845 insulator wax. Both much better than 476 and cheap.

Or Reload will be just fine.

Thanks for your help JD - going to order the 845. Looks easier to apply than the 476.

Tripple then 845 then reload or tough coat to finish sound like a good plan?

Difficult one. Technically it should be sealant topped with wax, but with the insulator it's a specifically designed winter/harsh conditions wax... just thinking about longevity, I would probably still go Reload then 845 on top.

Although again, you don't actually need both.

TBH, if you have Reload, I'm not sure I'd bother wasting money on the insulator wax unless you're going to use it in other areas...

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
50 cal have just bought out a filler glaze. Mite be worth a shot? Seen some very good reviews & bought myself a bottle.