ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Festa - Detailed

A slow one :-(
Evening all,

I've spent today sorting out my aunties 54 plate fiesta. Sorry its a bit boring

It was covered in swirls as it is washed with a brush thing :mad: It hadn't been cleaned in about a month but tbh its only covered 12k miles in 2 years so its not too bad I guess :S

So order of the day was:

Pre rinse with my hosecoil and Duragloss Shampoo,
Washed with 2 bucket method, again Duragloss Shampoo,

PC'd with a yellow Sonus SFX pad and PBs SSR2... this was the first combo I used. It removed the vast majority of the swirls, leaving only behind the deeper scratches. I was happy with this as I just wanted to get rid of the swirls and bring back some depth to the paint work.

Finished with Klasse AIO and Serious Performance Sealant.
Before Photos:
DSCF0125Small.jpg

DSCF0126Small.jpg

DSCF0127Small.jpg

DSCF0128Small.jpg

DSCF0129Small.jpg

DSCF0130Small.jpg

DSCF0131Small.jpg

My attempt at a 50/50 shot:
DSCF0133Small.jpg

Didn't really come out too well...
Afters shots... the weather has been **** up in Newcastle this weekend. Been very very dull so has been difficult getting descent photos. Still happy with the end results:
DSCF0134Small.jpg

DSCF0135Small.jpg

DSCF0136Small.jpg

DSCF0137Small.jpg

DSCF0138Small.jpg

DSCF0139Small.jpg

DSCF0140Small.jpg

DSCF0141Small.jpg

DSCF0142Small.jpg

DSCF0143Small.jpg

I think this has been my most rewarding detail to date. It was obvious to me that I was actually removing the swirls and I didn't find it too difficult. Big confidence booster for myself as I have been having a nightmare getting any form of defect removal on my Clio.

Thanks for looking, and sorry for the number of photos!

LOL i've told them if they cant be bothered to do it properly I'll do it for them in future. Only takes an hour to clean it... and i enjoy it! :eek:

Yeah, I was semi tempted to step upto SSR2.5 to tackle the deeper marks but tbh I was happy with the end results.

did you use spot pads or the 6.5 pads ? ssr must have broked down quite quickly today too being nice and warm

Both... used 6.5 pads for the majority of it tbh.

I think Newcastle has been the only place where the weather has been crap. Very little sun and has been about 13c.

cheers peeps,

I'm liking the look of the SP Sealant... I was going to top it off with some 476S but chose to leave as is! Going to crack another layer of sealant on this weekend... might put some wax on it in a month or so.

Turbos.
Ferraris, Bugattis and what not i can understand, but a boggo Fiesta? Not exactly a labour of love is it?