ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Bits

Clio Campus Sport 1.2
The black bits on the clio by the wing mirrors! They have started either to fade or it's because i used my wax on them! However i wan them black! Whats the best way to do it.

Cheers

Glynn

i would recommend you try in the car detaing section , i personally use two products .

back to black and auto glym rubber and bumper care thingy ..... use a brush too , save excessive spraying

106 GTi
Clean with Einszett Plastic Cleaner and Meguiars detailing brush, dress and treat with Autoglym Bumper Care Gel.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
just blast them with a hair dryer, changes it back to what they were like when the car was first made, my gf's dad owns a garage and this is what he does on old cars

mk4 golf gttdi180
get some silicone spary or comenly nown as back to black spray on and leave for 5 then wipe of works and revives colur that auto glym vinyl gel is really for rubbers etc because it moistures them so they dont dry out

also it will partly be down to your wax being on them

Clio Sport 172
i have been told to use black shoe polish. does any one recomend that?

just been out to try it, it dont really work as well as i was hopeing lol

Last edited:
  106 GTi
just blast them with a hair dryer, changes it back to what they were like when the car was first made, my gf's dad owns a garage and this is what he does on old cars

It works to revive colour, won't get rid of the wax residue from them though.