ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 197 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife

I don't have a Clio any more, but I've just got back from the Nordschleife where I spotted this little beauty being thrashed round the track and thought you guys might appreciate the pics.

I don't think I'd buy one myself, but it looked pretty striking in the flesh and being driven reasonably hard. Pics majorly re-sized to fit on the forum!

DSC_5012.JPG

DSC_5013.JPG

DSC_5043.JPG

DSC_5044.JPG

DSC_5045.JPG

DSC_5046.JPG

DSC_5047.JPG

DSC_5048.JPG

DSC_5049.JPG

DSC_5050.JPG

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hmmm.

Can you link some high res ones, theres something i need to check.

White Clio 200 Cup
To me it looks too big overall, length wise and height..it doesn`t look like a Clio..or how i would want/expect one to look like..if someone told me it was the new style Megane i would believe them.

I've not been a major fan myself so far, but honestly, in the flesh being driven round the 'ring, it looked neat.

White Clio 200 Cup
Fair enough, it may be the kind of car that you grow to like, i HATED the newer style megane, and gradually i begin to get used to them, and started liking them quite a bit especially the 225.

I just don`t think the 182 could be improved upon looks-wise, if Renault continue down the path they are going imho of course :)

Cliokeef said:
Fair enough, it may be the kind of car that you grow to like, i HATED the newer style megane, and gradually i begin to get used to them, and started liking them quite a bit especially the 225.

I just don`t think the 182 could be improved upon looks-wise, if Renault continue down the path they are going imho of course :)

I was looking to buy my first 172 just when the MK1 172 model gave way for the MK2 172. The first time I saw a MK2 172 I thought it was the most hideous piece of sh*t ever and that I'd definitely get a MK1. Three months later I had a MK2 172 and have had another since!

Couldn't stand the Megane either looks-wise, and nearly ended up with a 225 recently. Renault always make 'challenging' looking cars and usually end up getting it right. Vel Satis aside...

Tom said:
Thanks, did he/she do alot of laps?

Looks like they have a vbox mini stuck to the dash.

The suction pads on the left hand side of the screen (as we look at it) do look a bit like that, I agree.

The track had been closed for over an hour (another squished biker I think) and the 197 was the first car to come round on re-opening, but only did one lap after that. I was stood at Hatzenbach and Hocheichen for another hour after the 2nd lap and didn't see it come round again. Also at other corners throughout the day and didn't see any more 197's. Only 2 172's and no 182's there, disappointingly. Was hoping to snap a Trophy or two.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It looks ace, could do with having a wider rear track.
Looks like very little roll, but its hard to tell.

Looks crap. Reminds me of a c2 vtr. No matter how many of these new clio 197's I look at, I don't like them. Actually with the exception of the cup, that looks alright but I still wouldn't buy one.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
The front looks too thin and weedy and the back looks too fat.
Like a bird with a big arse and no tits :cool:

fungusman said:
Looks nice.. but really tall - or is this just my imagination?

yeah they are tall, 150mm higher than a v6 clio...
and 372mm taller than a VX220 turbo....lol ;)

Simon

Last edited:
  White Clio 200 Cup
Rhys said:
I was looking to buy my first 172 just when the MK1 172 model gave way for the MK2 172. The first time I saw a MK2 172 I thought it was the most hideous piece of sh*t ever and that I'd definitely get a MK1. Three months later I had a MK2 172 and have had another since!

Couldn't stand the Megane either looks-wise, and nearly ended up with a 225 recently. Renault always make 'challenging' looking cars and usually end up getting it right. Vel Satis aside...

I agree completely, i`ve always liked clios ever since my mother had a mk1, in fact i`ve always liked Renault cars in general, i had an older style Megane before recently changing it for a clio and i love it so much, i imagine i`ll stick with Renault now..get a 182 eventually when the insurance goes down, the 225 is a damn nice looking car i saw one of the f1 versions (i think thats what they are called) earlier today...blue with the black rims looked stunning..Vel satis is really bad! reminds me of a Citroen C5 in the uglystakes!

Chris K said:
Looks crap. Reminds me of a c2 vtr. No matter how many of these new clio 197's I look at, I don't like them. Actually with the exception of the cup, that looks alright but I still wouldn't buy one.

Yeh I was thinking C2 too.

C

Cupster

Good pics mate but what a mess! I hate it and thought black would have done it some justice!! The second pic could be mistaken for a micra. :dead:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice pics there mate . Still think the car looks shite , not a patch on the 172/182's imo .

For those that think the 197 is the b*****d butt ugly spawn of the Nissan Micra and the Citroen C2, here are some 172's from last weekend. No 182's or Valvers/Williams on track unfortunately...

dsc_4441.jpg

dsc_4443.jpg

dsc_4612.jpg

dsc_4614.jpg

dsc_4811.jpg

dsc_4870.jpg

dsc_4871.jpg

...and also maybe of interest...

dsc_5493.jpg

dsc_5494.jpg