ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 182 and blue 172 Trafford Centre today

172 & 200 CUP
were you watching on the CCTV or something?

blue 172 might have been me, was it with private plate?

Peddled device
^^^^you were the guy at traffic lights going onto the motorway!

nice car!

Yeah...that was me...thought you gave a little nod !

I was on my way home to bed (to recover from a badminton comp the night before) so didn't notice until you we're passing in front.

Shiny car though....must put some polish on mine one day ;)

172 & 200 CUP
you into badminton too?

you with a club of some sort?

maybe we can get a game together someday, what sort of level you at, if you don't mind me asking?

Peddled device
I play in the Whitefield and Bolton leagues...2nd division Whitefield and 4th Bolton.

I'm okay...quick but not the most skillful.

You?

172 & 200 CUP
used to play for the university team before, but now just play with colleges after work on a wednesday night.

i am a registered badminton coach though, not that i have been coaching much!

do you play singles, doubles or mixed?

Peddled device
The leagues are all doubles...mixed also_Only place singles a little.

You are really a coach? I need a coach to help my game.I have a cr*p smash and am too quick for my own good.Think you can help?

172 & 200 CUP
sure i am willing to help, but maybe your ability has already gone pass my knowledge.

what is it that you having problem with?
1. your positioning into the smash
2. getting the shuttle on target
3. not getting the power

is hard to help without seeing your strokes, but will give it a try.

lets see if i can get you ready for the next Olympics, haha, joke!

172 & 200 CUP
should we get the first payment sorted then we can start the coaching?
joke!!!

really have to see your strokes first, as i don't wanna give the faults information and lead you the wrong way!
but as you are playing in a league, i am sure you are upto a certain standard!

how long have you been playing badminton for?

Peddled device
Started in 1998 playing with friends...thats where l picked up bad habits.

Started playing at a club in 2004 and am now a far better player than l was before.

Maybe we should get a session arranged and see what happens.I live near Bury and Castle Leisure Centre or Philips High School are good.Where do you live?

172 & 200 CUP
worsley, around 10-15mins from Traffic Centre.

i play in Stretchford Leisure Centre near Old Trafford.

does your club you play in have a coach or someone to give advice, or you just play socially?
i wanna join a club too so i can play more competitive.

Peddled device
Theres no coach at our club but a few very good players. Our club has a lot of members but some in the league struggle to get players....l could get you some numbers if your interested in joining one.

172 & 200 CUP
where about and what times you guys play, and is it open to the public?
do i have to join to play?
i might come along and maybe with a m8 or two!

Peddled device
I'll find out for you.At the moment we are having our club competitions so non-members can't play. But in the summer (in-between seasons) the club may decide to let non-members play for a fee.It all depends on how many are signed on.
I am also going to start playing at the Drill Hall in Bury on a wednesday night.There is usually not many down (maybe about 12-15) so l'll ask for you this week when l go.
If you fancy a game sometime though let me know.I work facing the Trafford Centre so its no hassle to play at your courts.

172 & 200 CUP
nice one m8! i'd best get more practice now! i work in salford quays and after work with a few colleages on wednesday nights, we just go and have a bash for a bit!
will have to get something sort out.
so you into rackets at all? i am looking for a Yonex ArcSaber 10 JP, is hard to find one here for a reasonable price!!!!

so, you going to RWS or Prescott Speed Hill Climb?

Peddled device
No plans to go yet.

Look on Ebay for Raquet World.I got the same as Nathan Robinson had a couple of years ago for £30 (Airblade Tour) which was a £150 item

172 & 200 CUP
to many fake one going round on ebay, especially with the racket i am after!
but strings are reasonable, brought some the other day to string me own racket!
ebay used to had some nice shuttles for sale.......
i mainly use feather ones, more feel to it!

clio 1.4 sport
omg not being rude i just want to say i didnt kno there was much to badmington like strings rackets so on so on i thought it was find a racket find a shuttle and hit it? lol sorry to disturb you!

Peddled device
omg not being rude i just want to say i didnt kno there was much to badmington like strings rackets so on so on i thought it was find a racket find a shuttle and hit it? lol sorry to disturb you!

Fastest team sport in the world...shuttles will travel at 200 mph if hit by a good player...and he is trying to hit you from 4 meters away !

I thought l was good until l joined a club....l was humbled by kids and old men !

172 & 200 CUP
^^have you ever seen Nathan played in live, in Manchester Cycling centre?
Nathan and Emms are great playing together, shame Emms didn't show up at this years English Open.