ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 172 Ph1 - The story so far ...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi !

So .. my phase 1, 172 has been with me for 8 very short months now, and i thought i'd make a thread to show what's gone on in that time !

Nov 07-Aug 08, I have a rusty, beaten up, slightly chavvy, badly thought out modded Charade GTti which i bought from a friend who owned it a month :S ..:

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

It needed SO much doing to it, I flogged it (eventually) and bought the Clio !

August 2008 - danny172 decides after much deliberation, that he's not going to sell his to me, but he will keep it and throw bucket loads of cash at it instead. So off he trots to cliosport and finds me this Ph1 in black. A quick trip to the other side of the country has my deposit secured...:

2000 Ph1 172
82k..
Black wheels
Cup Spoiler
GAZ coilovers
De-cat
K-Tec stealth
ITG Panel filter

DSC01487.jpg

One week of sleeplessness and finally its on my drive ! :D

DSC01500.jpg

A few months pass, not much happens .. A few random drives and a meet :

IMG_0322.jpg

3038727744_d2945e0953.jpg

3037819153_148806b10a.jpg

3409412301_c1547a7fd1.png

But then one night in November, my friends and I get lost coming home from the pub in Kent, and end up in Snowdonia !

See here for that story ...

3071044013_ca48afbc6f.jpg

Christmas came and went .. I bought a snowfoam lance to keep the mucky beast clean !

3409414507_e046a7cc11.jpg

3409414809_f249f05ebd.jpg

Over the last 8 months I've made a few changes..

The number plates changed from England to GB ones .. the arial got painted black .. the centre caps painted black (which then all broke when i had the wheels refurbished) .. K-Tec, CS and Renault 'alarm' stickers taken off .. my Alpine HU got shoved in the dash, and Fli 12" sub plonked in the boot.

3409408173_dcd454d6b0.jpg

Next up, the wheels needed to be sorted out. I got them refurbished locally, and they put my new Parada Spec-2's on too .. this was just as the snow decided to hit the UK .. :dead:

3409414225_a1b4fb53e8.jpg

But the Clio made it 3 miles into work every day (unlike most people who lived locally) without a hitch !

:D

The splitter died during the winter - it got punctured by the parents stupid driveway (which is currently being remodelled!) -

3410218370_0a52bdb90c.jpg

...and then the drivers side end bit the dust finally when it was being pushed off my drive during an awful weekend. The car started mis-firing one evening suddenly, half way to work. It got worse and worse as the engine got hotter .. the RAC were called, but there was nothing they could do as there were no lights on the dash !

Got it home (limped!!) and took the inlet off. One of the HTs was between the head and the manifold, instead of along the head and round where it should go. This lead to water in the plug hole and then game over. Took the sparks out, and this one was f**ked. Ended up heli-coiling (?) the plug thread and since then, it's been right as rain.

This was the weekend I was due to go to Jamsport and get my matched inlets done !! PANIC !!! monday morning, engine fixed (phew) and tuesday, danny172 and i headed up the road to Jamsport.

Jamsport were superb, and I would have no reservations recommending anyone thinking about getting any work done there. The matched inlets are great .. Dan and I drove home and even though the traffic was on / off appauling, and the speeds were more 'spirited' than the run there in the mornings, we both saw an increase in MPG ! :D

The car pulls like a train from 1500RPM through the range ;) where as before, it was a tad sluggish until it got to 3500. :( both Dan and I are very happy bunnies.

Since then, I have taken the splitter off completely, and stuck on some rather subtle Jamsport stickers to the rear windows..

3409407479_15e8227e66.jpg

Next up is a sports cat (possibly a 4-2-1 manifold made up by powerspeed in ashford at the same time...) some centre caps :quiet: and even a remap if I can be bothered !

But here are some pics from tonight as it stands now. Hope there are still some of you reading to this point :sleepy:

3409409601_5da6f63718.png

3409409883_e0b895f85e.jpg

3410216170_3aaa9dc8fb.jpg

3410219882_2561541aa3.jpg

3410217202_8a2bcc8a87.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Rob
:approve:

Last edited:
E

escotty90

F***in well nice m8. Love this car...
Good to see a mint phase1, if i had the spare dolla££ id love to get one :)

ITB'd 182...
Carbon or cup splitter back on it and it will look awesome!

Love the stance of it!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Carbon or cup splitter back on it and it will look awesome!

Love the stance of it!

The carbon looked good .. but it just got scraped every time I moved on / off the drive, and there's no way in hell its getting left on the road overnight ! :dapprove:

audi a6 3.0tdi
Very nice mate i love it :) Mines finally getting upto scratch now but yours has been the inspiration for it

Peugeot 308
nice to see my old 172 still looking rather tasty :):)

many plans for it?

lol that splitter was a pain in the arse at times lol.

Daz

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
nice to see my old 172 still looking rather tasty :):)

many plans for it?

lol that splitter was a pain in the arse at times lol.

Daz

Hiya !

Yeah it was a huge PiTA .. I've thought about a nice cheap squidgy one, or even a Cupra one (not sure whether that will look good?) but at least that's only 30 quid if it goes bang :dead: !

Nothing planned really... more speed perhaps ? Re-map if I can be bothered... if not .. new car in the new year :):race:

Storm Grey 200
I was/am so close to putting a ph2 rear on mine. But this car makes the bad thoughts leave. Can't wait to get my cup spoiler on :)