ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitten by a Viper

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Just fitted my PiperCross Viper kit.

OMFG!!!! The noise it makes, truely sensational.

Pick up is better, engine seems more responsive.

My love for my car gets more each day.

Started with a standard 172 in Jan, now have a K-Tec Twin 3" and a Pipercross Viper, combined they make the car sound how it should.

Am I impressed? Would I pay 200 for a Viper again? Youre damn right I would :D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

:eek:

Theres more to come? wooohooooo.

I do need to put the ducting in tho :( As so far I only have the viper.
Whats the best way? Inner Arch off? There isnt much room to get the piping anywhere else.

Anyone have any fitment pics?

Mk2 Golf GTI

cant help you there as i have a lot of room next to my measly 1200cc block! it will get a bit quieter when you put the ducting on. well mine did anyway

Mk2 Golf GTI

not noisy but they sound much deeper than standard. people think its a more powerful standard car as it doesnt sound like a blatant induction kit!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Drove on the motorway this morning.

In gear acceleration seems better, with a lovely sound as well.

/Note to self "Stop booting it just to hear induction noise"

Glad to hear this Coco !

I heard y0z2as engine at Curborough last week, WOW ! I thought it was the exhaust but it was the Viper ! Awesome sound !

Contemplating getting one of these but may go for the BMC CDA instead as it is cheaper.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Viper is a great bit of kit, the sound is great. Totally different noise to the K&N I used to have, slightly quieter but much better. Sounds like its really sucking in the air. Hard to resist scaring old people and snapping necks when you boot it as well.:D

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

i really want that deep meaty sound in my 1.2 16v but i dont want to have to buy a new car with a bigger engine coz i know thats wot u will all say!!

what can i do? my mates got a PVD BFO cone on his 1.4 16v corsa sport it sounds so loud!! how? i know it has a 200mm diameter or suomething but cant the clio have something like that?

im the same havent got the ducting to reach so its open air at the minute sounds glorious, I keep making excuses to go out in it. Im doing the weekly shopping one item at a time just to get some smiles. i tend to leave it in lower gears more just for the noise. Need to get some longer ducting though. Did your car have the bracket to attach the viper to the engine cocco mines missing!

Not really the ecu will allow for minor discrepancies in the air fuel ratio caused by an induction kit and compensate i got 48mpg on the way back from newquay this week doing between 70-90mph up the motorway and on parts dare i say it 120mph but average speed for the journey on the trip computer was 67mpg. Not bad i dont think lowest mpg recorded was 43.3MPG.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by finchy on 18 April 2004

only prob is, your carll be overfuellin.
No it wont, if anything it "could" run slightly lean...

sorry, thats what i meant. i was on tommos laptop.

most peeps on here who have got one, once theyt had it rrd they found theyre were problems.