ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bits will fall off but are they reliable

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS

I know bits will drop off the car at an alarming rate and it will rattle more than Mothercare in an earthquake, but are they mechanically sound?

Touch wood my Impreza will go tomorrow so Ill be calling on a few private sellers over the weekend to buy a 182Cup.

Regards

Steve

and depending if u get a sh*t one. check it over thouroly (i cant spell) my dads old 172 never even rattled! so make sure u only buy a goodun

Lee

BMW M2C

Neither my 172 nor 182 have ever spent any time off the road,except when they were on track of course. lol

The 172 covered 23k in 15 months the 182 18500k in just under 12. The 182 has done a load of track days and been thrashed.

Ive had the usual faults, Ive just killed the second exhaust, the offside rear damper has just leaked dry and its not idling well. All warranty jobs if I were to keep it.

They are very reliable cars, they just have a fair amount of niggles. Luckily I tend to be able to forget/ignore them most the time.

Lee

if your worried about reliability your buying the wrong car LOL, thats why i sold mine, had it 6 months and it was in the garage aprox 10 times, and i had it from new, others have been ok tho, and my 172 cup was good, but other cups have been crap

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Steve vRS on 21 June 2005

How do you mean abuse the box- missed changes or just driving enthusiastically?

Steve
ive just seen a few people being VERY harsh with the box on track (ie stamping on the brakes and wacking it down a gear or 2 and then letting the clutch take the abuse to slow the car)

= not good