ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Can someone explain... if a bitcoin is worth 17k dollars and say for example you had 10 coins; could you sell for 170k? And someone would pay that sum, for a made up computer coin!?

Yes, although I don't know if it's always guaranteed at spot value or exact transaction amount is just negotiated between both parties.
You could also swap bitcoins for other coins, Litecoin, Ethereum or whatever.

It doesn't let you buy any on the app. Insider trading suspected

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42425857

Is it even illegal though?
Is anything illegal in an un-regulated market (I have no idea)

Mk1
Guys, I'm a complete n00b to this but really want to get involved.
Would anyone be able to explain in layman terms how it all works?

I'm looking to purchase some 'xrp'
So far I have downloaded Coinbase and Shapeshifter.

All I understand is this;
Money from bank account into Coinbase.
Purchase eth.
Then go to shapeshifter and 'transfer' from eth to xrp.
Then what do I do with my XRP code?
Where do the XRP's go?

Lost!

Anyone able to advise? Haha.
Cheers all

An orange one
Guys, I'm a complete n00b to this but really want to get involved.
Would anyone be able to explain in layman terms how it all works?

I'm looking to purchase some 'xrp'
So far I have downloaded Coinbase and Shapeshifter.

All I understand is this;
Money from bank account into Coinbase.
Purchase eth.
Then go to shapeshifter and 'transfer' from eth to xrp.
Then what do I do with my XRP code?
Where do the XRP's go?

Lost!

Anyone able to advise? Haha.
Cheers all

I could literally have typed the same thing, also curious about XRP....

It seems easier just to buy it on etoro??

An orange one
Dude, I'm getting nowhere fast. Wish I understood this stuff..

I think that no matter how it’s explained to me, I’ll never really “get it”

Your buying a non physical thing that you’ll never hold or actually enjoy, and paying someone that you can never trust, and have to store it in something called a wallet. Which can be hacked, and when you sell it can take days for the transaction to happen..

The whole thing just screams dodgy and corrupt to me, and yet it’s so tempting to possible make huge sums of money.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So I got Binance setup. Bought a few coins for the future, only 30 of one and 4 of another. Went to look at transferring out of Binance and I can't. I've not bought enough coins tonvocet my transaction fees! One costs 100 coins. I might have to look at it on the laptop instead of doing in the app.

Already had some money in bitcoin so sold a bit of that for Lite coin and Ethereum, probably should have sold the lot as it's dropped a bit in the last few days.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Do people actually use bitcoins as a currency or are they just an investment now?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I still think this is dodgy as f**k, and definitely not bothering 'investing' just screams scam for some reason. Probavly using people details later on down the line

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Full steam ahead for me. Made some money on it. Bought a new miner so cannot wait to upgrade my aging ones. Moving into ICO's and made some off that already. Long game for BTC is key. None of this buy high and sell higher which people keep kidding themselves on

@Gus yep currency that you can spend, i bought the miner and the new psu with BitCoin Cash the other week.

A lot of things planned for next year so it should go up a lot more hopefully, although I wouldn't mind if it goes down for a while as it gives me a chance to buy more! Did you buy at around the $7 mark too?
Lowest 6.5 highest just over 10. Started at the end of September, I couldn't have timed it worse haha I just bought the never ending dip

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’ve been trying to set up a bitstamp account and verification is taking up to 2 weeks. Missed out on ripple hitting a surge on the 3rd. This is a pain in the arse! Any other way for me to get involved quicker?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been trying to set up a bitstamp account and verification is taking up to 2 weeks. Missed out on ripple hitting a surge on the 3rd. This is a pain in the arse! Any other way for me to get involved quicker?
Yeah i got into ripple a few weeks back luckily. I use Bittrex from the recommendation of someone else on here. Seems good. Verification only took a day or 2 i think.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm running at about 350-400% profit after starting out less than a month ago.
Took my money out of LTC / ETH and gone into the smaller alt coins, XRP, VEN, TRX, XVG & LINK have all done great for me, plus some others than have still done 15-20% up.

Biggest problem is my day job is busy so I don't have much time for research!

I'm running at about 350-400% profit after starting out less than a month ago.
Took my money out of LTC / ETH and gone into the smaller alt coins, XRP, VEN, TRX, XVG & LINK have all done great for me, plus some others than have still done 15-20% up.

Biggest problem is my day job is busy so I don't have much time for research!
What exchange are you using?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've gone through binance. It's hateful.

Wish coinbase would pick it up.
It’s a massive pain in the arse. BT email is down, annoyingly, so I currently can’t verify my email to access my account! I have no wallet as of yet, so unable to buy anything.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It’s a massive pain in the arse. BT email is down, annoyingly, so I currently can’t verify my email to access my account! I have no wallet as of yet, so unable to buy anything.
I bought etherium on coinbase, transferred it to binance and traded my etherium for xrp.

You also need 20 xrp minimum to use gate hub.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought etherium on coinbase, transferred it to binance and traded my etherium for xrp.

You also need 20 xrp minimum to use gate hub.
I’m a total noob at this, so finding it really difficult to get my head around, it’s such a nightmare!

Clio
Is there any data on what actually supports the value of these currencies and affects their value?

I mean, the dollar, gold, oil, wheat, tulips, potatoes etc all have strong analytical data behind them that identifies what their value is and why. Does Crypto currency have anything similar?