ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

Anyone still following this?

I've just checked on my QRK's as I forgot about them and I'm down about £17 after putting £20 into them lol

Titanium Clio 182
Any one recommend where i can buy bitcoins in uk ? Ive read that local bitcoin is ok but if you have no feedback as new buyer no one will sell you any!

Cheers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I never said it was a bad investment. Sadly it's a fantasy thing made in someone's bedroom. The whole idea is ridiculous!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If you'd invested in the early days when 10000btc got you a pizza, you're still majorly quids in. Like Mace said, it's about knowing when to invest.

The fact that it's not worth as much any more doesn't stop it being a currency or mean that the theory behind it isn't sound. It just means that it wasn't as well recieved or utilised as it could be.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Under $300 now. I was tempted to buy around Christmas but glad I held off, just wanted to see if it would dip at the start of the year. I'll be keeping an eye on it though, I still might dabble.

I cashed out completely a bit before the last major drop. Kinda fell out of love with it as there was no mining for me that was profitable enough, and so just lost interest.

Could have sold at the top for a very nice 5 figure sum, but it is what it is. Still a nice 4 figure amount for nothing.

Now I have no financial incentive in it, I'm more interested in where it goes as a technology perspective, it will takeover, but there's a few revisions (imo) to go yet!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I cashed out completely a bit before the last major drop. Kinda fell out of love with it as there was no mining for me that was profitable enough, and so just lost interest.

Could have sold at the top for a very nice 5 figure sum, but it is what it is. Still a nice 4 figure amount for nothing.

Now I have no financial incentive in it, I'm more interested in where it goes as a technology perspective, it will takeover, but there's a few revisions (imo) to go yet!
I know exactly what you mean. Totally is not worth it right now, hope it is in the longer run.
How did you cash out in the end? Always wondered without Localbitcoin how to.

I know exactly what you mean. Totally is not worth it right now, hope it is in the longer run.
How did you cash out in the end? Always wondered without Localbitcoin how to.

LocalBitcoins exactly :)

Did it in smaller transactions, its super quick and super easy - had a complete transaction done in around 2mins (money in my bank account).

Clio
Aren't those gay twins who liked rowing and almost set up Facebook trying to launch some official governed market kind of thing?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I bought more miners to add to my collection.
So i have three S1s and a S3.

Been investing in BTCJam too, so made some profits from it already.

Tried a BitCoin ATM in glasgow, wow what an experience, you hand over hard cash, it then makes it into BTC. Magical it really is.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
  Clio
Just had a look at the historical graphs against the GBP. Looks like it has started to stabilise since mid January with no major crashes or spikes.

wonder if it will stay like that?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Invisible money mined by a computer in someone's bedroom. Utterly mental.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
uploadfromtaptalk1432828984343.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Cool looking setup! But serious question, if it costs you more in electricity than they're worth ATM (I'm assuming this is the case) then why not just buy some??

I'm still tempted to buy one just so I can say I have one.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Cool looking setup! But serious question, if it costs you more in electricity than they're worth ATM (I'm assuming this is the case) then why not just buy some??

I'm still tempted to buy one just so I can say I have one.

The two cubes on the LHS aren't being used. So I should really hook them up too, extra 60GHs.
But, I am doing it so I can say I have mined a full 1 BTC. Purely for my own knowledge i did it.

I have bought coins but only on my android wallet, so never used it for my proper protected wallet.

Sure the cost of electricity far outweighs the mining and cost I have put into it, but its a hobby.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Humour me Adam. You're actually costing yourself money to make an invisible currency that was dreamt up by some Asian guy in his mom's bedroom.

Do all you guys in here realise how insane you are?

Gally after some of your views in the election thread, I'm not sure you can comment..

As for costing money - yes that's a little insane, but the idea of virtual money itself isn't really all that far from how it is now - all the money you have in the bank is just a number.

As more and more things move digital (just look at paying at the pump LOL), it's no surprise paying for stuff won't go the same way (sure we have PayPal, but who wants the charges?)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
As has been detailed a hundred times in this thread alone. A secure, digital currency is not insane at all. You could say it's the future, but I'm sure a few of the 1% would be opposed to that for various reasons.

Imagine if it was the only currency that was used worldwide, how easy it would be to pay people, anywhere.. All you'd need is a computer and a client to the network and you're sorted. It's as permanent as paying cash, so offers little in the way of buyer protection (which appeals to it's current demograph I suppose) but you could say that's a real barrier too.

I don't think it will be a payment method in Tesco anytime soon, but I hope I'm still around when it is!

As has been detailed a hundred times in this thread alone. A secure, digital currency is not insane at all. You could say it's the future, but I'm sure a few of the 1% would be opposed to that for various reasons.

Imagine if it was the only currency that was used worldwide, how easy it would be to pay people, anywhere.. All you'd need is a computer and a client to the network and you're sorted. It's as permanent as paying cash, so offers little in the way of buyer protection (which appeals to it's current demograph I suppose) but you could say that's a real barrier too.

I don't think it will be a payment method in Tesco anytime soon, but I hope I'm still around when it is!

Agreed.

It's not ready yet, but a currency that can do the above will be fantastic imo.

Only opposition will be people who stand to lose money on it (forex traders/1%'ers etc).

Clio
It reminds me of the credit system in demolition man. That is where I think we'll probably end up one day in the future.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Humour me Adam. You're actually costing yourself money to make an invisible currency that was dreamt up by some Asian guy in his mom's bedroom.

Do all you guys in here realise how insane you are?
Yep, its costing me money to make virtual currency. Why? Because its not about the monetary value, If I wanted BTC at a good value, id pop to CEX in glasgow and pay hard cash for a virtual currency.
Mental? Maybe, but I want the gratification of creating one coin myself.

The advancements in the blockchain enables security on top of the traditional blockchain.

Check out maidsafe if your after a totally new way of thinking for website hosting.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's gone mental recently, not sure why?

Become the default currency for any dodgy deals on the dark web?
I wonder if the latest price boom was due to WannaCry malware?