ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit pi$$ed off

White APE
Just got home from work to find a renewal letter from my insurers

Took a policy out with them last april with 3 years NCB and its been fab.
Last July i was hit by a third party, i contacted my insurer KGM who i used through Greenlight. They told me that as it was minor damage (wing mirror, window) just to go through Greenlight. The third party accepted liabililty and everything went through their inusurance, mine wasnt involved any more.

The renewal letter ive just received is showing that my NCB is now 1 years and the premium has gone up £250!!! on the details it is showing 1 non fault claim with £0 cost.

Why would my NCB be affected from being hit from someone else and everything going throught their insurance? I cant phone them tonight as they are closed but will do tomorrow.

Can anyone offer any advice? Im not too happy about loosing my NCB which doesnt even make sense if they are stating i have 1 year NCB yet the so called claim was in July? nor am i happy about it going up £250!

Da

Less
That HAS to be an admin error, there is no reason on Earth why you should lose 2 years NCB for a non-fault claim.

ph1 black 172
a non fault claim can be many things, i got one. had my impreza wrx stolen( not my fault but i did claim)

but it sounds like it went through your insurance not the third parties!!!!!

Stagecoach Ticket
The chances are what has happend is you have called you insurance, they open a file out of caution and its been logged as a £0 payout insted of being closed as it is 100X easy to do on insurance systems. Lazy staff would be my best guess, ring up and complain. A £0 payout still counts as a "non claim" so you shouldent loose you NCB, a third party claim is also a "non fault" claim and wouldent loose NCB.