ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit Of Your Knowledge Please Guys

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Do any cars in the Clio range have an auto-dipping interior mirror ?

Thanks.

Nope none of them have this I think your asking for a bit much now hehe!
I drove a new 3 series recently and thought this was a handy feature.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thanks for that.

I think they are the best thing since sliced bread, all my cars have had them for years but my Son wants one for his 172.

I will get a BMW e36 one for him as they use a similar screen fixing to the Clio and the wiring can go up behind the headlining.

I didn't know the e36 had them but would be a good little modifaction. The e46 I drove also had side mirrors which also dipped when you put it into reverse which was nice.
All in all the mk2 ph2 i've got I think for a car of it's class comes with a good amount of standard equipment. The BMW I drove was over 30k new and a year older than my car yet I had auto headlights and one touch electric windows and auto locking doors as standard which the BMW never.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
is this likely to be a big job to wire in? or just a feed and ground?

They need a feed from the sidelights, earth and a feed from the reverse light circuit so it switches off when you reverse even at night.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
where would you get the feeds for them from? to me it seems most obvious to get them from the light itself but i dont think thats the easiest way tbh.

im interested in doing this, cool little mod if done correctly

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I didn't know the e36 had them but would be a good little modifaction. The e46 I drove also had side mirrors which also dipped when you put it into reverse which was nice.
All in all the mk2 ph2 i've got I think for a car of it's class comes with a good amount of standard equipment. The BMW I drove was over 30k new and a year older than my car yet I had auto headlights and one touch electric windows and auto locking doors as standard which the BMW never.

It was an option on the e36 up til '96 and standard on all models above the 320i .
Again the e36 had one shot windows, also had auto lock, but that needed setting by the dealer.Auto lights was an option because a lot of UK drivers didnt see the point, shame really as its a great safety feature.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5