ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of help please

keo

Clio Trophy
Hi everyone i am a no way a detailer and to be honest a few swirls ect dont realy bother me. But i like to keep my cars looking good. When the weather gets a bit better i am thinking about giving the car a good clean, but what products do people reccomend i was thinking about going i4detailing

I was thinking

Wash with some kind of dodo shampoo (Or the ag shapoo i currently have)
Clay of some kind? I have used some kind of megs kit in the past, do i4d offer anything i should consider? (Bearing in mind i dont know when my car was previously clayed i have had it 10 months and not done it in this time)
AG SRP? Or should i use something else, seen dodo paint cleanse or something
AG EGP Is it worth it?
Some kind of wax to try over the top? For some reason i fancy using the dodo stuff, heard nothing but good things about it.

I arent intrested in using a machaine as i think i would do more damage than good

Also something for my wheels or should i just use SRP?

Thanks and i await your help lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm no expert in detailing, but i'm starting to do quit abit myself.

What i've been doing is firstly is hose the car down and get rid of all the dirt then secondly foam the car and then back to hand wash. Then get it nice n dry then i use my Meguirs Detailing Kit give it car a good claying over once finished give the car another hand wash. then i use AG SRP then ontop of that i've been using eith Poorboys glaze or the chemical guys wet mirror finish then on top of that i've been using dodo juice as the wax. and i think this is more than good for me

Depends what you want from the products lad. If you're not that bother about correcting the swirls, how about covering them?

For what I think you're getting at, I would suggest;

Lambswool mitt
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild
SRP to cover the swirls, or one of the Moose Glazes
A decent wax, or more preferable for you (IMO) a decent sealent. Chem Guys Blitz is superb and very very easy to apply.

Drying wise you will need a decent towel, can't really go wrong with most of the I4D kits, more down to personal preference.

Claying wise, the Megs kit will do you just fine. As long as you have a decent lube, a good quality, remouldable clay and a few MF towels you'll be on to a winner.

So;

Pressure wash/hose down.
Snow foam (optional extra, but costs)
Wash with DJ BTBM and two bucket method
Rinse
Clay
Wash
Dry
Polish/glaze
Seal

If you need more ideas, have a wee look at the guides on Polished Bliss, or post up specific questions here/in a PM to me.

JD