ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of an odd one

Cliosport 172 cu
Right here we go
When I put my driver side window up while engine is on when it's up to the top you give it one more click to make sure but when I do that my hazard lights flick on and off just once.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There won't be. The UCH controls the windows, locking, lights etc. nothing to do with engine management. (Or nothing that would show up with a fault reader)

The last one I replaced I bought from Renault Wolverhampton on here, for under £150 and paid a mate at Renault £20 to code it. Certainly not the end of the world.

Have you tried (with the ignition off!) to wiggle/disconnect/reconnect all of the wires to the UCH? Sometimes the plugs get damp and the copper connectors go green and corrode.

Alternatively, you could buy a secondhand UCH, ECU, key, lock set etc (for around £100) and fit it all yourself,

The other option of course is to just ignore it. I sold one with the same fault (and told the seller!) over two years ago and the car is still going strong. Being abused as a track car in Germany.

Cliosport 172 cu
Well I've just spoke to a guy with a clip and other Renault tech he said buy a new one bring car down take it all out and install new one while there and he will code it for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong it's located behind glove box ain't it and it's an easy job to take out plus if I disconnect it and clean up do I need to disconnect the bat first or any think never done one before.

Cliosport 172 cu
Plus if I buy all second hand though surely you need the clocks right as mines only got 42k on it.

Cliosport 172 cu
Think I might just a new uch and get it programed be easier I think and then seel it so can't get wet again or a least try and prevent it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You don't need clocks no.

If you go secondhand, you need ecu, uch, decoder ring (ignition barrel) and you can just swap your key blade over.

If I was you, if it's a nice car and only done 42k, I'd fit new.

It's up under the glovebox, black box. From memory it's only a 10mm bolt and a fair bit of wiggling to get it out.

Cliosport 172 cu
Yeah I'm just gonna get a new one off here after Xmas now and get it coded cheers bud for the reply back.