ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of an experiment, input boyos.

ZX6R B1H
The mounts on my clio 172 Phs1 are pretty shot at 117k took its toll.

I was about to order a set of Vibratechnic mounts from K-tec But had a thought, Being a novaboy they used to have solid mounts which worked really well. Again the xsara i had ran a set of mounts from spoox these were very hard rubber but not solid and again performed very well. I also made some solid rear mounts for the xsara again Spot on.

Now, Clio 172 mounts looks as if I could quite easily play about with them and make them solid Forget about the cabin noise etc But think more on destroying other parts of the car.

With the novas, it never really caused a problem and stopped the inlet smacking against the bulk head. Now, if I did this what problems would i come across. The Car is used everyday, B roads and track.

Many thanks :D :sleepy:

think vibration's going to be the main consideration. sounds similar to your Xsara; i had uprated mounts in a 205 (which are very similar in layout to the Clio's) which were just remanufactured in harder rubber - they made a big difference, but vibration increased significantly (and was unbearable if the stiffer buffers on the top mount were used). haven't ever used solid but can't imagine them being kinder